MOO3 system specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOO3 system specs

I know I'm out of my forum (who opened the rubber room door?) but what are the proposed system specs for MOO3?
    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

That information can be found at http://us.infogrames.com/games/moo3/

BTW, those specs are "will load and run well", not just "yeah it'll load, but good luck getting it to move faster than a dead sloth in January".
    If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

I just copy the reqs here for the lazyest:

Windows®:
      300 MHz Pentium II or better
      64 MB RAM
      8X or faster CD-ROM
      250 MB Hard Drive Space
      Direct X 8.0 Compatible Video Card (must be able to display 800x600x16bit)
      --->> Yipeee! I won't be able to play Civ3 but I can go MOO3!!!
      DirectX 8.0 Compatible Sound Card
      8 Player Network Play via TCP/IP (LAN or Internet)
      Windows 95/98/ME

Macintosh®:
      G3 Macintosh - 300 MHz or Better
      Macintosh OS 8.6 or Better
      128 MB RAM
      CD ROM 8X or Better
      TCP/IP Internet capable connection for Multiplayer Play
      Clash of Civilization team member
      (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
      web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Do you think it would run on my pathetic 166Mhz PC?
        ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
        ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

Surely not, I'm afraid even with the textures lowered. 16 races ( at the start ), huge 256-stars galaxy, 5000 colonies and thousands of ships...Hope you can afford a new machine if you want to play properly this game.
          The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare

Windows®:
            300 MHz Pentium II or better
            64 MB RAM
            8X or faster CD-ROM
            250 MB Hard Drive Space
            Direct X 8.0 Compatible Video Card (must be able to display 800x600x16bit)
            --->> Yipeee! I won't be able to play Civ3 but I can go MOO3!!!
            DirectX 8.0 Compatible Sound Card
            8 Player Network Play via TCP/IP (LAN or Internet)
            Windows 95/98/ME
            Not for the lazyest, but for those who have a really slow connection and many IE windows opened!

Alright! I can't play Civ3, but can play Moo3 on my PC! I have precicely the minimum reqs! Except for the processor. I have an AMD K6-2 300 MHz.
            "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
            Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
            Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
            Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare
              Windows 95/98/ME
              Does this mean Win2k and WinXP won't run MOO3?
              "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
              "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Marcus
                Surely not, I'm afraid even with the textures lowered. 16 races ( at the start ), huge 256-stars galaxy, 5000 colonies and thousands of ships...Hope you can afford a new machine if you want to play properly this game.
                What! Oh well, it seems my computer will need to wait until I upgrade it 'till it receives new refreshing games...

Hang on, I had all of these games run perfectly on it: SMAC, SMAX, Ceasar 3, Pharaoh, StarCraft, Brood War, AoE2 and CTP!
                ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
                ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

Originally posted by Cybergod
                  Hang on, I had all of these games run perfectly on it: SMAC, SMAX, Ceasar 3, Pharaoh, StarCraft, Brood War, AoE2 and CTP!
                  Can I borrow your system? I always wanted to see CTP run perfectly.
                  - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                  - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                  - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar

Now thats too funny ...

Comment

Originally posted by The Templar
                      You mean you can really make it run perfectly?

Sorry, off topic...
                      "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Working...
                      X