• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoO2 Free with LE of Civ3?

Can anyone confirm/deny this?
    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

From a management standpoint it makes sense. LE games are usually marketing techniques for publishers (not developers) to make extra money adding to the game. Infogrames is publishing both Civ3 and MoO3. Being that both games are in the same genre and being published by Infogrames, it would make snese as MoO2 is pretty much abandonware and drum up extra customers for MoO3.

Looks like one of the Infogrames marketing geeks did his homework on empire building games.

Comment

MoO 2 costs £2.99 in the shops does it really make the extra £15 for LE worthwhile? the other stuff is nice but the scenario will be online the day it's released and what else the video, if you really need it that will be online too.
      If you have a printer you can just printout the techtree.
      Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

When they were releasing Civ2 Gold, Best Buy was running a deal where you got MOO2 (maybe one, I don't quite remember) for free. Of course when MPGE was finally released (it was delayed at least six months as I recall) they no longer would honor the raincheck they gave me.

Any way, I said all of this just to make the point that they have done it in the past and likely they will do it again as promotion for MOO3.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

I pre-ordered civ3 on gamestop.com not LE and I am going to get MOO2.

Comment

EBWorld is giving a free copy of Risk 2 for preorders of the LE of Civ3. Don't see why Babbages wouldn't do something similar.
            "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

I've also read somewhere in the Delphi forum that they may print a MoO3 promo on the back of the Civ3 instruction booklet ( Alan himself if I remember, but he wasn't sure then ). Perhaps we'll even see a flyer on some civ sites to promote the game.

All that civ-moo thing is brought to you by Infogrames
              The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Originally posted by gannon
                I pre-ordered civ3 on gamestop.com not LE and I am going to get MOO2.
                Same thing here... It's a shame though that they don't send moo2 before, I wouldn't of mind playing it. I think it's because gamespot doesn't charge until shipped. The same probably applies for other stores. If you think about it, moo2 won't realy be played all that much even if we all get a free copy of it..

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
                  EBWorld is giving a free copy of Risk 2 for preorders of the LE of Civ3. Don't see why Babbages wouldn't do something similar.
                  Now that would be a whole lot more appealling to me, since I already got moo2 and didn't like it.

I preordered my LE from EB, but from the local store, not from ebworld.com. I'll have to check if I still get the freebie.
                  Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                  ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

EB

I wrote the news blurb - if you go to Babbages or Software Etc, you can pick up the catalog (it says WISH LIST on it), turn to page 42. On page 43 is an interview with Sid Meier, too.

I preordered the LE at my local EB. I'll have to speak to Alan, the manager - however, EBs are supposed to match EBWorld offers.

Comment

Re: MoO2 Free with LE of Civ3?

Originally posted by Snapcase

Can anyone confirm/deny this?
                      "I can neither confirm or deny actions I've not witnessed."

-James T. Kirk, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

Comment

I talked to the guys down at my local EB, and they say that the store will match any cheese that is offered on the website.

So it looks like I'll be getting Risk II with my preorder of CIV3 LE
                        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Really? RISK II?

I already have it, and it is a very good rendition of the original.

I highly recommend the game!

Comment

Risk II is too easy. I used to play with bidding, and the CPs (computer players) are easily duped into paying a huge bundle for territories, leaving me the only person who has the moola to scoop up 20+ territories.

I guess you can play with random allocation of territories, but that wasn't a lot of fun, considering that the CPs seemed to be quite lucky with the dice rolls.

That's why I played with the option rule that, the more armies a player has, the bigger the die he gets to roll. No more of this "rambo" business.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                            X