Screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenshots

I know that the game is still a while off but I have noticed very few shots have been released. All we seem to have are pictures of the races and one map of the universe.

But what about the ships in action? Or the battle sequences? I know they don't lead well into a shot, but it would be nice to have some stuff to look at.
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Sorry, that's Infogrames' call, you'll get them when they say and not before.

(RHIP)
    If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Infogrames gets to control release of screenshots?

I forever apologize to Dan (Firaxis member who we hounded for months over shots) and now to you Stormhound. I feel bad that you have to wait for the publisher to give you the go ahead especially when you here the fans demanding more on a daily basis.
      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Infogrames, as the publisher and owner of the rights to MOO3 and Civ3, has sole authority as to the manner and timing of any and all publicity of said games. They are managing same in such a manner as they see fit, subject to any prior agreements with Quicksilver and Firaxis respectively, as is their right. I assume that they are doing so in order to maximize the impact (and thus the profits), and I don't begrudge them that, moreso as I don't see anything in the least inimical about their actions. It's the golden rule...he who has the gold makes the rules. Just another tough reality in the world of game/software design.
        If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Comment

Re: Screenshots

Originally posted by tniem
          I know that the game is still a while off but I have noticed very few shots have been released. All we seem to have are pictures of the races and one map of the universe.

But what about the ships in action? Or the battle sequences? I know they don't lead well into a shot, but it would be nice to have some stuff to look at.
          There have been a few screenshots of the planet screens, and tech screens.
          'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
          G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

I hope after this that both Quicksilver and Firaxis can find another publisher. . .

Comment

Quicksilver has published things with other companies; we're an independent outfit. And it's not like we're being treated poorly, so I'm not exactly sure where you're coming from with that comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormhound
                It's the golden rule...he who has the gold makes the rules. Just another tough reality in the world of game/software design.
                It's not a tough reality. It's just normal business practices. Create an integrated software gamehouse if you want more control.

Now how did you get off the leg shackles? Bathroom break is over. Time to do more game design.

(j/k)

Comment

bathroom break was too long...

Comment

Working...
                  X