What Happened To The ____?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happened To The ____?!

No Bulrathi, Mrrshan, or the dignified birds, Alkari?

At least stupid blue elves are gone too...

I LIKED the Bulrathi....

Anyone heard about a series of Civilization novels from the official forum?
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

So one of the things that happended to Civ 3, the trimming of the civs, is now happening to MoO 3 too.

And people keep saying that how much better MoO 3 will be than Civ 3. Fat chance.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

( about the races trimming): shhhhh!...the MoO3 team don't want you to scream about it...

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
      And people keep saying that how much better MoO 3 will be than Civ 3. Fat chance.
      The races selection is irrelevant to the game's future success or not. MoO3 is gonna be a huge success upon its innovative gameplay mechanics ( mostly a strong AI justifying the severe use of IFPs ), and that's what we want; or for the same reasons ( a poorer AI than the programmers would have wanted, destroying a game design because you can't disable the IFPs) there's an unfortunate possibility ( very slight I guess) to see the game sucking deep down. Not in the middle : MoO3 is NOT going to be only a good average game.....
      The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

The game's backstory covers the absence of the missing races. For instance, the Bulrathi were wiped out by the Antarans in the time between the end of MOO2 and the beginning of MOO3.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

They don't want any 'Actors in rubber masks' this time around, they are cutting out the majority of the old races because they where pretty cheesey and nothing more than a Human with wings and whatnot.

The only species making it in are Psilons (greatly changed, and took alot of convincing from the fans to get in, I believe) Sakkra Silicoid, Klackon, Mecklar and Trillarian. All with new graphics, of course.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

No Darloks? The race everybody loved to hate?
            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Working...
            X