• Show
Clear All

• Moo3 Tech Specs

From Infogrames Moo3 Website

300 MHz Pentium II or better
    64 MB RAM
    8X or faster CD-ROM
    250 MB Hard Drive Space
    Direct X 8.0 Compatible Video Card (must be able to display 800x600x16bit)
    DirectX 8.0 Compatible Sound Card
    8 Player Network Play via TCP/IP (LAN or Internet)
    Windows 95/98/ME

I find it kind of funny that Civ3 and Moo3 have almost identical tech specs. My worry as a P2-400 owner is that even if the game is playable on at the low-end of the requirements, the game will become painfully slow during the end-game.

Re: Moo3 Tech Specs

Originally posted by SerapisIV
    I find it kind of funny that Civ3 and Moo3 have almost identical tech specs.
    Why is this funny?

Two similar games in terms of being TBS and coming out in the same three month window. They both are going to be taking advantage of similar technology and have to fit into the same window of tech for a good deal of the population to be able to play. So of corse they will have about the same tech specs.
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

I just find it funny that two different companies with totally different production teams with little to no interaction between the two yet developing 4X for over 2 years now came up with almost identical requirements. I'd figure there be a little more difference between the two.

I wonder if the basic requirements are somehow influenced by the publisher, requiring the developer to make their game compatible with a certain level of computer systems.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmm...could beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
        If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

MoO 3 runs on a PII-300MHz? How long will a turn take in real time? A year or two?
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Nope. As I recently stated in another thread, the minimum spec is the minimum machine on which the game will run at an acceptable pace...as opposed to the industry standard "well, you can load it, but lots of luck". The various builds are being tested on a variety of machines, including one which meets minimum spec.

I see the reason for the cynicism (heck, wasn't all that long ago I was a game player with the same complaints...took two years before I bought a machine that could run Ultima 9), but I've been very pleasantly surprised at how QS runs things compared to my impression of most of the industry.
            If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Comment

I'm also going to point out, for the sake of any Mac fans who haven't been over there to see, that the Mac version should be released at the same time as the PC version, as the code is being developed to run equally (not just equally well) on either platform. This also means that PC and Mac players can link into the same online game, and it shouldn't make a jot of difference which platform they're on.

(This is another thing being tested on an ongoing basis...a demo we recently ran for our publisher had the space combat going, with a PC playing one side and a Mac the other, so this isn't just "wishful thinking" about features.)

Comment

Working...
              X