Anyone for a MoO2 game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone for a MoO2 game?

Ok. I admit. I'm highly addicted to MoO2. And I would like VERY much to show what I've learned with my hours of practice.

So, anyone wants to play a game? Do you know how to make a connection? Because I don't!
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

The only place I know of where it is possible to play moo2 is at www.kali.net
    We are a few people who play it there, I don’t know exactly how many.
    Normally the game can’t be played via the internet, but somehow kali creates an artificial LAN environment or something that makes it possible to connect to other peoples IPs (I think ).
    There is a catch, however, a one time fee of 20$ is required to use it more than 15 minutes (or so) at a time, and I don’t think people want to play with you if you get disconnected four times every hour , but I believe it’s worth the money and you can also play a lot of other games there.
    But I warn you some of the people are extremely good

Comment

I've already been at Kali. I didn't know at the time that I only had 15 minutes to try the system. So I connected without knowing and continued to chat on IRC.
      And I wasn't able to reinstall the software to have another 15 min. It seems that once they get your IP on the first time, they wont even give you more 15 minutes. And there are lots of games at Kali that don't take that long, so I can understand that.

I tried to get a pirate connection, but I think it wasn't functional. And since I don't have credit card, I never had the will too really register myself.

Isn't there another way? And do you play Moo2 at Kali?
      "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Heat.net

www.heat.net has an IPX emulator...

it allows ANY game with IPX play... witch i believe moo2 has... to be played over there server...

post here or icq me for a game...

PS: heat.net accounts are free... at least the account u need to play ipx...

Comment

it allows ANY game with IPX play... witch i believe moo2 has... to be played over there server...
          What!!! That means I’ve paid for something I could have gotten for free

Well… it’s a great community and it’s easy to find people to play with so the money isn’t wasted

Isn't there another way? And do you play Moo2 at Kali?
          Yes I play moo2 at kali now and then, I started playing there about a year ago and haven’t won a game yet. I really thought I was good before I started playing against some of the best moo2 players in the world (well, at least the best I’ve ever met ), it really is a different experience to play against humans instead of the AI.

It seems that once they get your IP on the first time, they wont even give you more 15 minutes.
          Hmm… I was able to connect several times before I registered and I’m pretty sure I used up my 15 minutes more than ones, maybe I don’t remember it correctly or maybe kali changed that.

Comment

Re: Heat.net

Originally posted by open air

post here or icq me for a game...

PS: heat.net accounts are free... at least the account u need to play ipx...
            Yeah, I remember that I visited heat once, but it seems that there's noone there for Moo2. They're all at Kali.

I need to reinstall my ICQ; I can't see what is written to me.

Comment

You might find an occational player, just don't be annoying and spam the chat.

Comment

Originally posted by Qualicide

You might find an occational player, just don't be annoying and spam the chat.
                Thanks, but you might mention that gameranger is a mac gaming site...

Open air & interested ppl, here's my ICQ number:
                Nick: The_Zealot

Comment

bah

You silly people

There are at least 30-40 online players playing using kahn which is a network emulator.

ICQ me and ill give you a contact list, or visit

http://www.moo3.at/CustomRaces and go to online play and check the list there. Easy as pie

ICQ is 71737664
                  Dont need one

Comment

Attention All HEAT Users
                    After years of great on-line gaming, it is time to say good-bye. It is a sad occasion for all of us. We had as much fun building HEAT as you had playing games on HEAT.

Evidently, HEAT will not be an option for much longer.

--
                    Jared Lessl

Comment

This is fantastic. Heat is shutting down, Gameranger is for Macs, and Kahn doesn't work on Win2k. I've never managed to play a multiplayer game of MOO2, is it too much to ask that I be able to?

--
                      Jared Lessl

Comment

I would just like to say that I finaly managed to play a successful game of Moo2 on Kahn, last friday, on the Dos version!

I would like to thank Gory, for introducing me to Gozer, who in turn introduced me to Cybersaber and McCancey! Thanks guys!

Comment

For those who don't know, you can get kahn in here:

Comment

For anyone that cares, Kali is now free for a indefinite amount of time. Once you download, install, and run the software for the first time, it gives you a registration code to type in. Just thought that was interesting, I actually used it for a game last night and it worked great.

Comment

Originally posted by CSaxrulz
                              For anyone that cares, Kali is now free for a indefinite amount of time. Once you download, install, and run the software for the first time, it gives you a registration code to type in. Just thought that was interesting, I actually used it for a game last night and it worked great.
                              Waaaaahh! REALLY? I've to fly home! Can't miss that one!

Comment

Working...
                              X