MoO Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoO Manual

I have started playing the game again, but the manual is misplaced. Does anybody know where I can get a copy?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

I don't know about the manual, but I do have version 2.4 of the MOO FAQ if you want it.

Comment

Great MoO site found!

Thanks John

Being somewhat unhappy at the propect of not having access to the manual (and getting tripped by the copy protection scheme to boot ), I set out in search of it over the Web. Lo!, there it is, on this site.
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Thanks. I had looked about a year and a half ago for a good MOO site, but all I could find was MOO2 sites. this is the one that fits my needs.
        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

You need the manual to play MoO1? C'moooon!
          "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
          Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
          Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
          Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Not really the manual itself, but it's useful for the copy protection scheme , and the reference tables are handy, esp the racial tech modifiers. Essential when doing research. Long time ago I probably had the tables memorised, but not anymore

Comment

I've run into the copy-protection problem myself. Since my manual went up in smoke along with most everything else I owned a few years ago, it's hard to beat. I find it's easiest to just try the protection twice and then terminate the game from Windows. Start it up again, load the autosave and try again. It helps to know for sure what a few of the ships are.

--
              Jared Lessl

Comment

Working...
              X