Pirate Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirate Trouble

What is the best way to get rid of pirates (I have a few systems in yellow for revolt status and they say pirates).

Do system ships ward them away?
    Do I need star ships (and do they need to be a particular type - like recon vs long range).

any help you could give would be appreciated

Yes you have to send a fleet to the area to defeat them. Just send the best ones you have. That is if we are talking about Moo2.

If you are talking about GalcivII, then you will need to match up with the design they are using.

Comment

I'll assume this is moo3 since you said system ships.

Starships, system ships, and orbitals all ward off pirates. Empty Frigate orbitals with a system engine of speed 1 and no defenses/weapons are the best though for many reasons.

First how piracy works is it compares the number of regions that you own in a star system with the number of hull sizes that you have in that star system. a lancer, the smallest ship you can build gives you a hull size of one, and so it can prevent piracy in 1 region. Frigates give you a hull size of 4, so it can cover 4 regions, meaning that a full size 12 planet with no moons can eliminate its piracy problem with just 3 orbitals(the max it can build anyway). So there is no need to worry about weaponry because that is not even checked.

Likewise if you have the visibility fix(I don't) it may be worth while to put sensors on those orbitals to increase where you can see in a defensive battle. Finally each of those orbitals will eat a full missile volley, regardless of the fact that only 1 missile is needed to kill it, and probably costs more then the orbital anyway when you think about it .

Comment

Working...
      X