Re-done Official MOO3 Website!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-done Official MOO3 Website!

I didn't really like MOO2, I confess, but reading over the backstory and the FAQ... I WANT THIS GAME . It is coming out in 2002, and so is CIV... NOOOOOOO! .

Read this Overview (which made me almost pee my pants ):
    http://moo3.quicksilver.com/game/overview.html

The website:
    http://moo3.quicksilver.com/main.html

edit: Damn... this site has TONS of info! I'm reading game mechanics of ground combat!! Why doesn't the Civ3 site have this kind of info?
    [This message has been edited by Imran Siddiqui (edited March 03, 2001).]
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Thanks for that info Imran Siddiqui. I'll check it out, although after the trauma of following Black & White for the past 12 months, I don't know if I want to follow the progress of any up-coming games ever again. Especially Civ III and MoOIII! But I know I won't be able to help myself...

Bkeela.
    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

I just read that overview, and I have misgivings. most of this looks VERY interesting, but what's this about "imperial focus", it sounds like it won't let me micromanage to the Nth degree like we can so neatly in civ.

maybe if they include the option to diable that nonsense...
      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

I like the Imperial Focus. It makes you think of what is most important and what deserves your focus most. Your leaders do much for you, while you run the background.... like a God.

God, I love this.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

If anyone noticed, there has been no update of new information, only a new web site layout.

*gets tarred and feathered by angry mob*
          *grumbles about work*

Comment

But... uh... it's a nice update .

Better than the Civ3 site for info, that's for sure!

Comment

I'm also worried about this 'Imperial Focus' concept. Infact, I'm starting to worry generally about MoOIII. For me, MoOII is the perfect game, only the other day I had a session which was just as fun and involving as my first game. I just want a prettier version really.

Bkeela.

Comment

Ugh... couldn't stand Moo2... It was a waste, I played maybe 2, 3 games of it total. I want something drastically different and this game (with the focus points, which makes the leaders that much more important) is the thing the TBS genre needs at this moment.

Comment

Don't really like MoO 2. I was hoping for an improvement on MoO, not some distant cousin of it.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Not me. Innovation should be what new games are all about, like Black & White for instance. A sequal should never be drastically different. That's part of the reason why I can't stant the Civ 3 forum here, and all the utterly stupid, hair brained concepts morons continually come up with.

Bkeela.

Comment

Bkeela, not sure if I agree. Moo3 isn't drastically different as a whole. It is still a TBS about space empires with similar races from the first two games. How it does the details of the game is the drastically different thing.

And from what I've seen on Civ3 forum so far, it is pretty damn different from Civ2. For the better, I believe, same as Moo3's improvements are definetly for the better, IMO.

You'll look at Moo3 and basically think 'sequal'. It hasn't changed the basic premises. I mean compare SMAC with Civ1... vasty different, but play kind of the same.

Comment

I agree with Urban Ranger. I always preferred the original to MoO2. the business of civ like moving heads around for production seemed a step backwards from the sliding bars of MoO, and the unit support seemed to cripple things, making it damned difficult to have the groups of 100 - 500 small units you could sometimes have in the original.

it turned an open ended game into one which made you play in certain ways. the imperial focus in MoO3 seems like it will have a similar effect, as most will soon realize the parts that need to be babysat the most. there goes the flexibility...
                        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

I suppose you are right Imran Siddiqui. For instance, I was never a big fan of Civ II, because I had already played the original to absolute death. When Civ II came along, the new look was at first a novelty, but it eventually wore thin and I grew tired.

Bkeela.

Comment

Ya! See... just give them a chance to make it work. Maybe they can make you like it better than Moo or Moo2!

Comment

I see Imran has failed to mention the new MOO3 forum at CGN...

------------------
                              phoenixcager of the Civgaming Network.
                              Visit the CGN forums.

Comment

Working...
                              X