MoO vs MoO 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ravagon,

"I think the (max) size of the universe is the same in both games but Moo1 basically had a bigger feel to it."

It does feel a lot bigger for some reason.

"The teleporting cruiser-type with super shields, cloak, maxed engines etc, and having only a bhg as a weapon could slaughter 50+ stacked enemy battleships with a lucky hit and was just too much of an advantage for the player when used as a suicide ship."

That's the whole idea

You spend your production on research instead of making lots of ships, and when the enemy sends 32,000 heavies at you, that's what you do.

"Have to love those Doomstars. Even if they all looked the same. With heavy armour/hull, shield damper and auto-repair they were all but unstoppable (drool)..."

I am fighting the rock-heads in a MoO 2 game. They have killed off everybody else *ouch* and I am the only other race left. They have hordes of Doomstars to send at me. I don't know where the computer pulls them out from Good thing that I have better tech, so a few Titans defending a Star Fortress works, so far. I'll have to produce my own Doom Stars and bring the war upon them rock-heads. *hiss*

"I thought the leaders OTOH were a good idea as the AI seemed able to use them to good effect with their single super-fleet tactic."

Some of those leaders are ultra-gross. Vott, Matrix, and Mystic X, just to name a few.

Father Beast,

LOL! You're a real gamer
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Anybody has a patch version later than 1.31? That's what I have. I asked this because I think there is a bug in the game, when a planet is blockaded -- whatever that means, since it's not explained in the manual -- the food production got killed. It's very strange.

P.S. Anybody knows of a program that lets me look into thost .lbx files?
      [This message has been edited by Urban Ranger (edited December 14, 2000).]
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

MoO2, because I could defeat 800 ships with just one perfectly designed ship on Impossible.

Comment

I hope you didn't mean 800 ships at once, cause the combat map only supports ~70, unless they are small ships. I had a game where I expected to fight about 80 Doom stars but only 70 showed up in the screen. I wiped them out without loss with a couple of my own

Then after the battle the other 10 were shown retreating even though they didn't show up in the combat screen.

edit: UR: no, that's the latest patch, and having a planet blockaded reduces food and industry by 50%.

[This message has been edited by Garth Vader (edited December 15, 2000).]
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Garth,

Thanks, but that doesn't make sense at all. At any rate, my terran planet with soil enrichment now produces 1 food per farmer. That seems to be a 75% reduction. Blah.

Comment

UR: If you click on the food line (I don't remeber how to describe where) it breaks down how you are getting your production, so you can see the exact blockade effect.
              Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X