Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still play Master of Orion 2...

hello

just a salute to anybody still playing Master of Orion 2...
    i still do from time to time.. and still like it !
    Am i the only one left on planet earth ?
    cheers anybody !

Roberto
    Last edited by Von Bert; May 11, 2007, 08:44.

Actually there are a few around. If you go to Realms Beyond Forums, you will see a forum for it. They have SG's going all the time for Moo1.

Currently they have two teams playing the same game, as they had too many players for 1. Those games are hosted on CFC.

Comment

thank u !
      i ll have a look..

Comment

vmxa, he meant MOO2.

Von Bert, MOO2 has still several dozens online players and many guys who play it multiplayer with DOSBox.

Check out the DOSBox guide:
        DOSBox supports IPX since version 0.65 and it improved significantly the efficiency of MOO2 MP Online Games. Keep in mind that by using DOS...
        "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

Whoops, I can't seem to read lately.

Comment

I still play it occasionally. But I must admit, that after Galciv 2 has come out, my MoO2 playing days are very rare now

Asmodean
            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I could not get into GalCiv is II much different?

Comment

Much better graphics, vastly improved gameplay. A lot of the things that made no sense in I have been made clearer in II. I really like Galciv II.

Asmodean
                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Maybe I will give it a try.

Comment

gal civ 2 ?

just found the site... seem an amazing game !
                    give me the will to change my old pc...that would not be able to run it..

thanks also for the blog on MOO2 ..

Comment

I still play Master of Orion 2. I understand why some people feel GalCiv2 is a better game. It has improved graphics and far more economic depth. It doesn't have the same feel as MOO2 though. It's missing something, maybe a sense of fantasy and adventure. MOO2 also has a vastly superior ship design system and more variance in what effect technologies have. I also like that you couldn't get all the tech unless you were creative. It really adds to the replayability. It's a great old game.

Comment

When I read the all facts or all labs strat on galciv2.com now...the economic depth doesnt seem increased to me. Maybe it appeared since it wasnt documented well and changed in the patches?!
                        "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

I still play MOO2. Even after all these years, it's got tons of replay value for me. Eventually, I'll get around to Gal Civ 2, but the question is when. For that matter, I've still got Gal Civ on my shelf and haven't had much time to explore it.

Comment

I had Gal Civ, but did not really get into it, so I passed on II.

Comment

I picked it up out of a bargain bin. I haven't gotten around to playing much, but it seems like a decent game.

Comment

Working...
                              X