Help with MOO2 sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with MOO2 sound

My Win98 PC (aka Victor's MOO2 computer) just died. It's been replaced with a Win95 machine.

The problem is that I can't get sound effects with MOO2, though I can get music. This applies to both the Win95 and DOS versions of the program.

I do appear to have full sound functionality in Windows itself.

Here's the details of what I have and what I have tried:

I have a bona fide, actual Sound Blaster 16 (as opposed to a "SoundBlaster compatible" card). I downloaded the latest driver from the Creative web site.

I've replaced the *.dig files in my MOO2 directory (which fixed a similar problem in the past on another computer).

I've tried all possible selections within Setsound, and have verified that the dig.ini file has the correct irq and i/o values.

Anyone have any help to offer? The wierd part is that this problem is the same on both DOS and win95 MOO2.

-Gusset

Perhaps your sound card can only handle making one or two different sounds at a time. This is the case with some older cards (especially cheap ones). If you have integrated sound, this might also be the case.

E.G. If you were playing mp3s in the background while playing Moo2, you could try shutting off your mp3s. You could also try turning off the in-game music, although I'm not sure if MIDI music conflicts with the normal sound or not, and it might depend on your computer.
    "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Working...
    X