How do you terraform a toxic planet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you terraform a toxic planet?

Well how do you terraform a toxic planet in moo2. what tech you need and what structure you have to build to be able to terraform a toxic.
    I know that any kind of shield will do the trick for radiated but they don't seem to do anything on toxic planets.
    Quendelie axan!

This does not work generally......

works just for non-singletons....and with dumb ai.

1. offer system
    2. stellar converter
    3. Artificial PlanetConstruction.....and so on
    "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

So you are saying that there is no way to terraform a toxic planet without destroing it first.
      This sure is a strange 'feature' of the game.
      Quendelie axan!

Comment

That is correct. It is not like Moo1, where you can get atmosphereic and terraform any planet. You can only add the pop boosters such as biosphere. A toxic can never become a gaia.

Comment

Destroying a planet is also one way to make it possibly larger and richer in minerals, and also that makes toxic to barren that can go Gaia. Imagine you have a tiny ultra poor toxic heavy gravity planet... really bad planet becomes to Large with abudant minerals and normal G.

That won't happen on my clone game... asteroid field retains the size and mineral richness. Gas planets also has size.

Comment

If you don't like toxics, you can apply an editor. Editing a map by hand spoils the fun of exploration, but some map editors (see my site) can make changes without your needing to see the map.
            ftp://ftp.sff.net/pub/people/zoetrope/MOO2/
            Zoe Trope

Comment

I had to format my hd recently. So I visited your site zoe. Seems the nice mapleveller is down.

Comment

I reorganised. The utilities are now arranged according to their primary distinctive function (that's Psilon for "what I think is their main use"). Mapleveller is in:

MOO2/Utilities/Map/MapLevel/
                Zoe Trope

Comment

Thx for ur fast response. But:

I was not to dumb to find this folder, zoe. The problem is: You offer there just a zip and exe file....but both have 0 KB filesize.

Comment

Yikes! The kbear transfer program must have tripped over its own toes again.

Baautil and M2Snoop got nixed too, and i wonder how much else? ... Lots!

I'm correcting this now.

Slow connection (8 to 18 kB/s) makes me want to set up my home computer with an ftp archive. Should be easy enough if the ISP allows it.

OK, the zoetrope site files are fixed!
                    Zoe Trope

Comment

I have found some other site where i have dl some version of mapleveller.

I like to analyse Map-statistics....but my version has a bug: it doesn't count arid planets.

Do you have a version without this bug?

------------------

There were also 6 new aussies on kali recently ....instead of your nice essays here....u should try a game...

Comment

My site has 2 versions of mapleveller. I haven't compared them.

I'd love to MP, but i've sworn off games until my thesis is done. That's why i'm frequenting these forums so often (in between work) instead of playing umpteen hours a week.

It is truly frustrating to be unable to participate, but it does please me to read that Kali MOO2 is thriving and that Lord Brazen's fixed so many flaws. I hope it will still be lively when I may be able to play, in a year or so.
                        Zoe Trope

Comment

when was the last time you played an MP game?

Comment

It's been about 2 years since I faced a live opponent in MOO2. It could have been a good hotseat MOO2 experience, but at an early stage the other fellow typed alt-Einstein. I noticed that situation when his high-tech cruiser visited, a few turns into the game. I had thought he was interested to hone some skill. Evidently not.

If I play him again, I'll propose a scenario, unbeknownst to him containing some AI super-races (with alt-Einstein base tech-levels) crammed into his neighborhood to keep him company.
                            Zoe Trope

Comment

That person you played is clearly a loser.

The only annoying thing in the kali games is quiters. There are people who just give up straight away and spoil the fun for the rest and more importantly all the hours you spents playing that game go to waste....

I haven't played for a while either (a few months), due to my thesis as well, as said in a previous thread, but hopefully i'll soon be back to action.

Comment

Working...
                              X