Please help with MOO II for Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with MOO II for Mac

I love MOO II but just switched from PC to Mac and bought MacSoft version of game. I installed patch to v.1.6 but still get very jerky mouse action - to the point of being unusable. All screen motion, including opening credit scroll on first game page, is jerky - leading me to think it's not the mouse. Wireless mouse and USB mouse give same problem.
    I'm running OSX 10.3.8 which switches to Classic 9 for the game.
    I've already allocated more memory to the application than it could possibly need.
    Is a 3 month old Mac too much machine for such an old game?
    Technically, everything in the game works, just very slowly. Even ship motion in the combat screen is slow and jerky.
    I'm stuck in the house for a couple of months following back surgery and having this work would really make the time fly.
    Please Help!
    Thanks in advance...

I bet that your software has option for slowing down your PC for old games "I'm running OSX 10.3.8 which switches to Classic 9 for the game. " I saw it on PC emulation systems.

PK

Comment

That sounds good - any idea where I might find the option to do this?

Comment

I saw MAC PC only in TV
        "which switches to Classic 9" Maybe in Classic 9 ?

PK

Comment

Maybe it's already slowing down your PC, but it's slowing it down too much? Might explain why everything in MOO2 is slow. :P
          "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Working...
          X