Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my sound effects don't work for MOO1, please help

i downloaded MOO1 from jonsullivan.com.

When i run install.exe and click "Reconfigure Hardware Options" everything looks fine.

My options are
    "Music and Sound Effects Device" Roland MT-32
    "Music Card Address" Adrress 336
    "Music IRQ" IRQ 7

I think the problem is on the next step, it says:

"Music Card Selection" "Digitized Speech Device:"
    all the selections are black and i can only choose "No Sound"

i think this is where the problem is.

When i run the game (Orion.exe) I do get music but i dont get sound effects (ie... combat sound, lasers etc..)

i'm running win 98

Try using original SB settings. It is the only way I have ever gotten sound, since the DOS days. Anyway I rarely even turn on my speakers for those crappy sound effects.

I played it for two years with no sound and never missed it.

Comment

what does SB mean? sound blasters? i cant use that setting because i am unable to select it for some reason.

I am one of those players who played MoO when i came out and forogt about it, then started playing it again. I need those sound effects to remind me of the good old days!

whats with this? i put it on my other comp. with xp and music didnt work but SfX did...

Comment

It is probably a function of the hardware you have and the sound card. I have had no problems with boxes that have the sound on the motherboard.

Comment

yeah i think you are right, i tinkered with my hardware settings but couldnt fix it. Its not that crucial, thanks for your help anyways

if anyone else has had this problem and found a solution im all ears. thanks

Comment

Good luck. Funny thing is I have had Win98 boxes with a true SB card and it still did not give sound. Now with no sound card at all, I get sound?

Comment

Working...
            X