mrv math

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrv math

Sup friends...I'm playing a great game right now..I'm working right now to pick off a few outer planets belonging to the ants and gnol...earlier I laid waste to a few Silicoid plaents but my friends, the fish started to get in the way with their own conquest.

Anyhoo my fleet has actually been widdled down to very little at this point..I'm a fan of archaic designs..always saving captured ships and whatnot....but I find that I've used up my largess spanking the ants and the Gnol and Alkari Alliance is expanding to fill the void...

This all leads me to my question...I am a big fan of 4x hitting weapons like envepoleing fusion beams. I've got fast missle racks now and I need to rebuild..or build a modern fleet...how much dmgg does a nuclear missle with mrv do vs. a pulson missle or fast merculaite ?

Most of my foes are using fighters as their main weapons and though not winning many battles, they do obliterate a few of my major ships each battles....should I go with many pd weapons or few regular weapnos to zap those fighters ?

nuclear missile does 8 per missile. mirv makes it 4x8, but each 8 is still reduced by shields/fields,etc.

pd is generally only good with a good enough targeting computer.

Comment

You don't give us much to go on here. What techs are known to you? What is the level and map size?

If you are taking planets and are not a tele, then I would think you are far enough along to make beamers of some flavor.

Can you post a save? Rename a save from savex.gam to anything.sav and post it. Is this 1.31?

Comment

Working...
      X