Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me PLZ...:-(

I am playing MOO2 for years via LAN...

Can anyone tell me how (or where) can I play via Internet?
    I've read something about Kali, but is there any other way to play MOO2 with my friends via NET without paying any dollars?
    20 USD is definetly not a big sum, but it is almost impossible to transfer the money from my country (mid Europe).

So any help would be apreciated... TNX...

In the other thread "Kali registration broken?"....it is mentioned that you cant order a free serial at moment......(should be fixed soon....or mebbe it is already..)

you and your buddies should try such a serial......it last 1 month......(but actually you can order it again with a different email-address) .........so kali is actually for free...

....but the money is easy transferable: paypal
    .....even less than 20bucks with paypal...iirc....

(2 free serials have to play in lobby then......
    its explained in the following link under 8A:

(thats the same link as in my sig)
    "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

Paypal doesn't work with all countries. For instance it won't accept my registration because Serbia & Montenegro isn't listed.

Comment

Hi Robert Kutrucz

This seems for me as a nearly polish name! If u are polish or have polish roots plz tell me

Im sad kali registration is down. I hope it will be fixed soon! Dont worry u and ur friends will be able to play soon!

PK

Comment

Hi!

Thanx for the tips. It seems Kali trial reg is now working...

See you at Kali by the good MOO2 game...:-)
          (Be carefull, my fleet can cause you lots of troubles...) )

--BTW, P-K, the name is not Polish, I think it's Hungarian, but one never knows...
          :-)))

Thanx again...

Comment

Yesterday i met one hungarian player. His name was rth. Maybe it was u? Rth played with my polish friend Sponger. If it wasnt u then we will meet on kali soon i hope

Im not sure if we play, cos u must first prove ur worthy of the challenge!

PK

Comment

Hi...

It was not me...

I am from Slovakia, just the name may be Hungarian...

I am accepting your challenge!!!
              You will be really surprised of my knowledge about MOO2...
              I can assure you, I am WORTH of playing against the best players!

Hope we'll meet at kali saturday evening...

--e-mail me at robokutrucz@zoznam.sk if you want...
              ...we can play a game head to head and see who is better..

If u r not scared, of course

Comment

Welll if u really want to meet me face to face

I hope u are good enough to stand against former no1 player of moo2 ladder.

PK

Comment

A bragging thread? My money is on PK...

Comment

hehe thx Brutalisk, but we havent played yet. Giant is to new on kali yet.

PK

Comment

PK: truth be told, i wouldn't discount giant out completely. He is afterall an unknown quantity. But he would have been better off playing someone less challenging as his first game..

Whatever the outcome, if he performs well, then I'll applaud him, because I'm (=was) also a predominantly "LAN" mooer. Before my return to kali, I hadn't played on kali since the time of "TEN"... (it was at a time when you had to choose between kali which was completely free and TEN which wanted a subscription)

Anyhow, I hope he brings in a breath of fresh air. Most kali players follow a far too narrow road, one which I enjoy attempting to counter with "irregular tactics". (albeit not always successful)

Comment

Brutalkisk said:

"Most kali players follow a far too narrow road, one which I enjoy attempting to counter with "irregular tactics"."

As one who is all but sworn off of anything uni, "More Power To Ya, Brut!"

Actually, though, I prefer playing against uni players, simply because unification is the most powerful government and I like the challenge...for this reason I don't complain, I just ask to ban the uni-tol combo and to play pre-warp. Uni is still more powerful with that setup, but the playing field is much closer to level.

-Gusset

Comment

I understand Gus u play for the challenge. But imagine situation when i would play always some weak race / weaker even then ur demo / and say i wanna challenge. In begin it can be funny, but as more time and games passes by, ur opponents are tired to win all the time due to having better race. How many times u would play me Gus i would always start with a 0 pt race? Would it be fun to kill me all the time? I dont think so!
                          We used to play and we stopped. Its not funny for me to play with "weak" Gus. I d like to see a "full power" Gus!
                          Playing always uni races or non uni races is in fact the same. Cos u always play with the same picks.

PK

Comment

Giant is quite good for a new player.

In a huge gal he went straightly for droids (~t106) with some crea lith race. Unfortunately, I was omni and arrived at t90 when he had no defense.

He and his buddy are really self-confident. I offered them some faqs to learn the timing in our preferred setups. But it seems that they dont wanna read them......

So they have to suffer some weeks against the vets ;D

----------------

Giant actually won against some other new players there........but you should not overestimate this, Giant......You would NEVER win with crea lith against me.....

And actually I play weak races too............like Gusset.....(but just against new players....to have some balance in these games).
                            "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

I don't know in MP cause I haven't played MP much, but I think lith is overrated. If you pick lith you won't benefit from food bonus techs and builds. I'd always take tolerant or subterranean before lith. Unification is not bad either. Creative is not that important in my book. Against the AI I penalise myself by always picking uncreative.

Comment

Working...
                              X