Kali registration broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kali registration broken?

So I recently dug out MoO2 again. I still love this game. And when I found out that you can actually play it online, I went ecstatic.

Problem! When I went to grab a trial registration for Kali, and got to the part where it supposedly sends you an email with the usual confirmation info... nothing ever arrived. I tried with different email addresses from different providers, and triple-checked my spelling each time. By now, it's been more than 36 hours, and I can only assume that their script is broken.

I've used the form field for registration questions on the website, but I haven't heard anything on that front so far either. Would be logical anyway to assume that if one form field script is broken, all of them are... The Kali forum seems similarly inaccessible, so I came here. Now, to the questions...

1.) Has this happened before, and how long did it take?
    2.) Who can I poke to reactivate the script, and where?
    3.) Is there any way to circumvent the registration, and make Kali work without a serial? I mean hey, it's a free trial program anyway!

hmmm.........yes.......kali had some trouble recently.........website and most chat servers were down last weekend........

try this thread here:

and email jay cotton
    "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

Ah, thanks a lot. I couldn't access the Kali forums either when I tried yesterday, but it seems they came back up. And as it seems I'm not the only one, maybe it'll work again soon. Oh, I can't wait...

Comment

Tja.....dann hoffentlich bis bald.....

.....kannst dir hier schon mal nen paar deutsche Strategie-Tipps reinziehen:

(Wenn man da gegen Leute zockt, die das fast nen Jahrzehnt online spielen,.....kriegt man halt anfangs....erstma auffe.....)

Comment

I was reading this strategy guide and I noticed you only play 1 on 1 or 4 way games of annihilation. You also don't trade techs, so all of you pick repulsive.

However, MOO2 offers much more than that. It can also be played as a diplo game or a two teams cooperative game where repulsive pick would be out of question. I was wondering if anyone plays such games.

I can understand why you choose quick warrior games. The reason is to finish the game in several hours. But I prefer longer games with alliances and treachery, the so called diplo games. In these games skill is not the most important thing and everybody has a chance to score victory and even the underdogs have fun playing to the end.

Comment

I played several 2vs2.........(or me against 2 allied new players.)

I want try 2v2s more often.....(wanna buy headset....with teamspeak such games should be fun then.)

Diplo is difficult in MP. You need surely some rulez there.....otherwise some buddies are almost crea after a few turns....

Comment

I like this timeline. It is a good indicator of how little I know about this game.

Zeitablauf:
              Normalerweise ist ein Spiel bei t125 entschieden:
              t25, sofern Du keinen guten Platz für Dein Kolonieschiff gefunden hast, solltest Du um Restart bitten.
              t55, eine telepathische Blitzrasse geht zum Angriff über.
              t60, Du solltest über eine Verteidigung gegen Blitz nachdenken.
              t90, Du solltest über ein Schlachtschiff zur Verteidigung verfügen.
              t100, im Durchschnitt solltest Du über 2 Schlachtschiffe sowie 100 Pop verfügen.
              t120, wer immer noch kein Schlachtschiff hat, ist tot.
              t130, wenn eine Techrasse bis hierhin überlebt, ist sie kaum noch zu stoppen.

Perhaps me and my friend could team up against you siron. That might be a fair match.

Comment

"Perhaps me and my friend could team up against you siron. That might be a fair match."

Sure. You and your friend are always welcome.

(and of course all other apolyton-mooniacs, too.........)

Comment

Cool. Then we can use the apolyton chat server to chat and have alliances (since you can't chat well with moo2). Sounds fun,
                  You forgot one thing... I'm Captain Jack Sparrow.

Comment

Working...
                  X