Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I haven't played this game in many moons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I haven't played this game in many moons...

...get me interested again.

Besides the latest patch, what mods should I get, why should I get them, and where do I get them?
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Why ruin a good thing?
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

A "good" thing? Like vanilla Civ3 was a "good" thing?

I demand answers!

Comment

Awww, look at the cute little spambot.

Comment

Re: So I haven't played this game in many moons...

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
          ...get me interested again.

Besides the latest patch, what mods should I get, why should I get them, and where do I get them?

I was going to ask the same thing, but I'm afraid MoO3 may just be too dire to be revisted.

:sigh:

GFC
          "The first rule of Girlfight Club: No one gossips about Girlfight Club. That means you, Sheryl."
          -----------------------------
          Girlfight_club of Toliman has authorized a secret project, "The Planetary Datalinks": http://planetarydatalinks.hub.io

Comment

I hate to say it but go to the MOO3 forum site. You will get more answers to your questions and it's more busier than here.

This use to be a great forum but not too many people here for Moo3.

Go to the Moo3 forums at atari and check the mods section over there. They will be able to tell you what to do or just read the threads that are the same as yours.

Comment

Yep, especially needed (aside from the 1.2.5.-Patch) is IMHO the Patcher (Vers. 0.4 at the moment) from Bhruic.
              He made some nice patches which fix known problems, for example visibility or the AI not landing troops to conquer your planets.

I plaed a game with Bhruics patchews and I can say, it works well. Not only did the AI try to land troops on my planets, but the New Orions seemd to be stronger as well.
              When I first attacked they had 78 System Ships there, against my 10 Armadas (180 Ships) of Superdreadnoughts (with the technological edge being on my side )
              The AI did something I normally only see with humans, i.e. sacrificing speed for firepower.
              I hammered everything my 4 I.F. - Armadas and 4. Carrier-Armadas could muster into them and sent my 2 LR-Armadas against them.
              They got barely a scratch and my LR - Armadas were toast when they got to near to the enemy Armada, also without doing much damage.
              But then I was able to use their slow speed to my advantage. I maintained a certain long distance between the enemy and my troops, so that only few enemy weapons could fire at my armadas (without doing any damage ) and then sent my fighters at them, as soon as new fighters were fueled and ready to launch.
              It still took me 5 or 6 waves of fighters to destroy the system ships (with 370 Ships per Carrier Armada [1480 Ships per wave], half of them armed with Ion Cannons, the other half with Phaser Cannons and all with Shields and Armor)
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
              X