X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help about the harvesters

hello to u all,i have a question about the harvesters:

in my war againts them i captured one of thier plants
    now for some reason the captured ithkul population start moving (migrating) to another plant of mine (colonize with MY population, psilons)

now, as soon as the harvesters migrated to the new plant they started to eat my population !!!!

my demographik is reading:
    psilons - 3.3
    ithakul - 0.1
    and in the unrest tab is saying "population eated by harvesters"

how can i make those harvesters stop killing my colony??

tnx in adavnce

i also tryed to garrison army...

in my colony but it didnt help.

btw sorry for the multyposting javascript:smilie('')
    Oh boy what a shame

Comment

give all infected planets to some other race you are at war with(perhaps the ithkul empire) and nuke the sites from orbit. It is the only way to be sure.

Comment

Spambot reported
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
          give all infected planets to some other race you are at war with(perhaps the ithkul empire) and nuke the sites from orbit. It is the only way to be sure.
          Yep,
          either this,
          or accept the Ithkul as Citizens within your Empire.
          (they are acceptable Ground Troops )

But if you do, they will sooner or later appear on all of your Planets
          and very slowly, but steadily, replace the native Population there.
          (Never had them replace all of the native population in any of my games, but their population rose slowly while the population of the native population slowly decreased)
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

That's only partially true. A given region can have population of only one race, so if all the regions on a given planet are populated, there's nowhere that Harvesters can appear on that planet. If even one region is empty, however...
            If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

tnx u very much. i have another question

tnx u for your replays.

the reason i dont like all of my pop become ithakul is that i will be able to colonise fewer plants.

now i have another problem:
              after i cleaned a plnat from the harvesters (either by killing all the population and destroying the colony, them use of colony ships or i bonber the colony untill i see the population is 100% of not ithakul race then i capture this plant) they reapper after somewhat like 15-10 turns and again i have to give that plant as a gift.

someone know why is it happening or how to stop it?

Comment

With enough terraforming tech, race becomes (somewhat) irrelevant, because you can colonize anything and eventually make it a good world.

Again, if there's an empty region, the Ithkul can (and will!) move in. There is no direct way to prevent this. Turning on migration to the world can help, but it's no guarantee.

One of the controls that was removed from the game allowed the player to decide whether populations would be encouraged to spread out on a planet, or to clump together. The former is useful as a way of "boxing out" populations of other races, while the latter is good for making regions develop more quickly. Another control that was removed allowed you to designate how other species and races were treated, which would either encourage or discourage them from being part of the population of your empire.

Oh, well. Baby, bathwater, who cares so long as the basin gets properly cleaned, right?
                If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Comment

yes, but still how comes after i have no ithakuls in my empire, suddnly they respawn

Comment

Because people can enter your empire from the outside, if they like you better than where they live. (Yet again, another control that didn't end up in the game...)

Comment

Its hard to keep closed borders to immiggration between countries today. Imagine how hard it is to keep a watch on the borders of an entire galactic empire.
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Here's an anti-Ithkul tactic I fully addopted... Kill ALL on site... If they're on a planet you want to colonize, then bombard it until nothing at all is left standing... OR, make use of that Stellar Convertor and turn it instantly into cinders... It can actually still be colonized after you do that, but teraforming it afterwards will be a real pain and take very long time, but I haven't actually tried that so I can't be sure it can really be done.

The next best thing you could do is cheat outright... Just find a save-game edittor and edit the race off of your planet. Just don't try to do too much of that kind of activity because that could permanently screw up your current game (or try saving as a different file name as a test in case of errors).

BTW... Have FUN!!!

Comment

Another thing I have found effective is to keep forced labor on, at the maximum. I normally keep it on at max anyway.

Personally I prefer a quick boost and burn out my slaves fast. This keeps all races in check. Slaves at max double the productivity early on, and provide a nice boost later on too. The only thing is sometimes early on all your minerals and/or food are coming from slaves, and when one dies, you may have a temporary shortage. I usually ignore the shortage unless it is significant.

Planets with only slight ithkul infections can be cleaned this way. Planets heavily infected get traded and glassed.

I try to check the planets before I take them over. Personally I always bombard and re-colonize until the late game. By then the ithkul have usually been eradicated as an empire and I just have to check the planets that I am taking over. If they have ithkul, they get glassed.
                          Brian

Comment

Working...
                          X