OCL editing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCL editing?

Pardon my ignorance, but what is this OCL editing I am reading about here? I am looking into editing MoO2 a bit, but I do not want to edit any savegame but the basic settings. Can OCL do that? For example modify systems to have only 1 planet? And where do I find this OCL editor?

Cheers
    Krait

OCL alters technologies: rearrange the order in which they are discovered, and modify many of their properties. For example: you can change Ion Pulse Cannon into a Shield-Piercing, Enveloping, Biological Weapon with 100 damage points; you can reduce Fighter Bays to size 1 with unlimited reload; you can change the sizes and costs of hulls; you can change the strengths of shields; you can change the ranges of fuel cells; and you can move Terraforming to the low level of 80 Research Points.

For map modification without looking first, there are a couple of editors that do some of what you may want, at:

ftp://ftp.sff.net/pub/people/zoetrope/MOO2/Utilities/

They are in zip files, and are named:

baautil (BAA means Battle At Antares, i.e. MOO2)
    maplevel (no readme with this)

BAAUtil is particularly commended. Please read the text file first.
    ftp://ftp.sff.net/pub/people/zoetrope/MOO2/
    Zoe Trope

Comment

Another option is the 1.40 patch which is designed to remove most bugs remaining in 1.31 as that is necessary for fairer and more reliable play in Kali multiplayer.

Version 1.40 is intended for DOS MOO2 and includes new starting options on the command line. I've attached the README for revision b18 of this patch.
      Attached Files
      ftp://ftp.sff.net/pub/people/zoetrope/MOO2/
      Zoe Trope

Comment

Working...
      X