Change in screen display after OS upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change in screen display after OS upgrade

Just upgraded to Windows XP and I find that my admittedly heavily MODded MOO3 is now displaying 'widescreen'! That is, rather smaller and narrower. When I upgraded, with a friend's help who is far more knowledgeable in these matters than I, he pointed out that XP reconfigured my display screen and probably changed the size of the game display.

Any advice, please, on how I can change this to fill up the entire screen again, short of reinstalling? Couldn't see anything in MOO3 Options.

Nothing much riding on this, I should add. I was obviously prepared to reinstall, after such a major upgrade, and am just glad that XP will play MOO3!

Live long and prosper.

If you don't mind the hassle you could just adjust your monitor hardware settings (horizontal and vertical) before and after each game.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, Vince.

Live long and prosper.

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

I have reinstalled the basic MOO3 game under the new OS and I stilll have a squeezed screen!

What on earth else could it be? Some incompatibility between my monitor and XP? Surely, it can't be some problem MOO3 has with XP or I would have heard about that by now?

Comment

I haven't heard of monitor/XP issues yet but I've seen it with about everything else. Any chance you can download updated drivers?
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Vince, good to hear from you, mate.

K... my exceedingly computer literate-mate Dave was round at my place the other night and will be round again in a few days.

I can't even play any of my games at the moment! The CD game disks won't pick up! It may be a monitor issue and it may be a CD drive issue, or it may even be a videocard issue, but his money, at the moment, is on a corrupt driver program.

My system can still play a pop demonstration CD and run the XP installation CD so go figure! My earlier restore point doesn't work but then Dave says that the restore point doesn't restore ALL files which may mean, as ill luck would have it, it didn't restore the corrupt program?

I will let you know how it resolves. Vince. Dave did manage to install the game, full screen, on his computer, no problems! He may bring round a spare monitor to see if it is a problem with my trusty Tatung monitor, though he said that it seemed to have plenty of refresh options etc.

We are checking out the CD drive and then considering what I call the 'nuclear option', a full XP re-install!

I had no problems with MOO3 til I upgraded my OS to XP; thank you Mr. Gates!

Live long and prosper, my friend.

Comment

Working...
            X