Installing Master of Orion on XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Master of Orion on XP

Thanks for coming on today to help me out!

Heres the story:
    When I was younger (6 years old or so) I played MOO with really no clue what I was doing but it was still fun. The computer that had it broke and I forgot about the game until recently when I decided to bid for it on Ebay. I got the idem and it was shipped here with all the floopys and handbooks and everything.

My Problem:
    Now; I'm just a 15 year old kid and I have like minimal experience with programing anything or changing stuff around with files. I put the floopy in and go into my computer and click floopy and it opens and I click the install button but I get this error that says:

"
    16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem-
    A:\INSTALL.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.
    The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows application. Choose "close" to terminate the application
    "

I have no idea what I am doing and I really want this game to work. Please help me! I am stuck!

First, click start. go to the run... button, and click it. When it asks what you want to run type:
    cmd

or you can try to find a command prompt in your start menu. then type
    a:
    install

This probably won't work. But it might. You also might consider changing the properties of the install file by right clicking it, and find out where that check box is that says "Run in MS-DOS Compatible mode" or something to that effect.

Is it possible to shut your computer down and restart in DOS mode?
    You forgot one thing... I'm Captain Jack Sparrow.

Comment

Working...
    X