Running Master of Orion 3 Without CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Master of Orion 3 Without CD

Does anyone know how I can do this? My cd rom is loud as hell, and it's really ticking me off. Is there some files I can copy over so that they're read from the hard drive? Is there some crack I can install?

1. read the readme file.

2. look up an older thread about this problem.

Comment

Use a vitual CD application.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz
        1. read the readme file.

2. look up an older thread about this problem.
        I've searched the readme and found nothing helpful.

I've looked up older threads and found nothing.

I don't know where to get a virtual cd application.

Comment

Re: Running Master of Orion 3 Without CD

Originally posted by redazncommieDXP
          Is there some files I can copy over so that they're read from the hard drive? Is there some crack I can install?
          They try to prevent people from doing this to ensure they have and play from only a legal copy of the game.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

too bad it's so loud and obnoxious that i won't play it if i can't find some way to cure this.

yes, i did buy a legal copy.

Comment

Is your CD player noisy with other disks?

I think the MOO3 CD may require more write-caching or some such. Try playing with your CD player settings some.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
              X