No announcement yet.

Alternative ways of saving Moo I games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I rename that file to save1.gam and copy it it to C:\MPS\Orion\save1.gam.

If this exist, I will be asked to over write. To copy a game this is curently in play, I go to \MPS\Orion\save1.gam or save2 or any and copy it to some other directory. I then rename it to something meaningful, such as T2525 or Klacs2525.gam.

To post to the board, I need to rename the file to save1.sav or any_name.sav. Where any_name can be anything you please, but most likely will be save1.sav. All of us know we havew to rename it to gam to use it.

Comment

Now as to the dc11 or what ever you have. If it is a valid gam file, it can be copy into \MPS\Orion as save1.gam, where save can be save2 or save3 to save6.

It should not matter if there are other saves or not. I just deleted all my saves form \MPS\Orion and copied the file shown into it as save3.gam and it worked fine. It was the only game available to load.

Comment

As to trying to save files that have been recycled. If the pointers are intact, the app will think it has recovered them and they will show up in the explorer. That does not mean they are complete or uncorrupted. The chain of forward pointers may be compelete, but the sectors that they point to may or may not be completely intact.

IOW I do not know if the save is good or not, I back up my game folders from time to time to CD, so I do not have to worry about deletion or corruption or failures.

Comment

Working...
        X