Term 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Term 25

Turn 271: Electro-magnetic refraction is now ours. I don't trust these scientists, and think that they just made up this name to placate my constant demands for updates.

Our next tech will be warp fields.

Meanwhile the fleet has been dispersed such that every planet is only 2 turns range from several ships, the sole exception being our capital, but it is producing ships every 2 turns.

Turn 272: Another warship finished, bringing our total to 9 battleships. the 1 point defense phasor was swapped out for 5 point defense autofire mass drivers.

Turn 274: Zosma finished all work and will now contribute to research.

Turn 275: Another planetary election was held! in the interests of maintaining a suprise attack I voted for the dinos, the sarkas got 44 of the 75 votes total! unfortunately this was not enough to carry them to victory(I know you are all so sad about it, but one day we may get over it). We control 27 of the votes, the sarkas control 17 of the votes. As of today we hold 36% of the galaxy.

We also discovered warp fields, and can now build interdictors.

The state of the empire(as always): We have 10 battleships, and these are dispersed currently to defend our systems. we have a 4 command point surplus as we are currently using 42 out of 46 command points. Our current design is:

class 3 shields
    zortium armor
    Positronic computer
    Ion drives

2 Hv plasma cannons
    5 af pd mass drivers

ATU
    Battlepods
    Heavy Armor
    Inertial stabilizers
    Battlescanners

However many of our ships have not been refitted.

Orders were sent out to every starsystem, and all will build interdictors. With rushing all will finish by the end of the next term. This greatly improves our defensive setup except for attacks launched by wormhole. We now have a choice, should we attack now, or wait for more defensive tech?

If we are to attack now(now meaning once interdictors are up), we need to decide who.

The psilons are next to us, and won't likely have a fleet that can stand up to plasma cannons and ATUs. They also have some nice tech we might capture.

The bulrathi are the weakest, and have a wormhole link to us. The meaning of this is two fold, our strike can be quickly done, or if we don't strike whoever does conquer these backwards bear creatures will have a wormhole that leads to our core systems.

The Elerians have combat bonus's that are just sick, plus they are fairly small and fight the sarkas alot from the movement of ships our fundus outpost is recording.

The Sarka currently have both a wormhole to us, and the largest fleet on the board, squelching them would add a great deal to our empire, eliminate a long term threat, and completely surround the psilons and elerians.

The Humans will grow given time, but right now we could not defend the vast swaths of territory that they have. They also have a wormhole that leads to some of our systems, but a fleet that the game says is about the same size as ours.

We do not have contact with the gnolams but will gain it if we capture the Bulrathi or human worlds.

If we are to wait for more tech, what will be sufficient defense? am drives and jump gates would be preferable. Right now we need 3 fleets to cover the empire, 1 at Dannu, 1 at Lesath, and 1 at Cryslon, in addition to the fleets for the wormholes and the fundus outpost.

I vote for attack the bears now, add their empire to ours. They control 6 worlds, and there is a 7th that has no colony so we'd have to outpost it for the time being to keep the others out of our star system. Because of the worm hole we could keep the defensive fleet at dannu at Ixion instead and cover the Bulrathi empire as well as the western expanse of our own empire. Our ground forces are now at +55, with powered armor, they have titanium armor and fusion rifles.

On the technology front we are producing 696 research per turn, with 2 planets dedicated to research. 2 other planets that would similarly be researching are building interdictors. With them factored in our tech per turn reaches to about 900. We must decide on which tech to research next.

Construction Will allow us to hideously abuse artificial planet and damned near double the current size of our empire, as well as allow for bigger ships, and much faster construction across the board on every planet. This requires a beeline though, since next up for research is servo mechanics(assault shuttles,damage control,fast missile racks). After this we can go to astro construction(titans,battleoids,ground batteries), Advanced manufacturing(planet construction,recyclotron,autorepair unit),robotics(robotics factory,bombers),tectonic engineering(deepcore mines,waste dumps),super scalar construction(advanced city planning,heavy fighters,star fortresses).

Power will immediately give anti-matter drives, which will improve the defense situation somewhat, then if we choose to go to 3500 we can get HEFS and megafluxers, then at 5500 we can get hyper-X capacitors and hyper drives.

Chemistry will give neutronium armor(the psilons have this already) for 4500, and adamantium for 10,000.

Sociology will give stock exchanges,astro universities,and imperium if we go up this line.

Computers will give spy tech at the 1500 level,auto labs and structural analysers at 2750,galactic cybernets and VR at 4500.

Genetics will give evolutionary mutation and universal antidote.

The physics line holds the secrets to jump gates, better troop rifles, and miniaturizations for our existing weapons systems.

force fields 2750 holds the secrets to class 5 shields and gauss cannons. above that we can replace stabilizers with nullifiers, add hard shields to ships, get class 7 shields(and get all the mods for gauss cannons), then go up to class X and barrier fields.

As an overly cautious player I'd go with AM drives then physics. We have no pressing needs at the moment however, and could go with any line.

rename save8.gam.sav to save8.gam and place it in your orion 2 directory.
    Attached Files

The galaxy map.
    Attached Files

Comment

The council meets again.
      Attached Files

Comment

Force fields 1500
        Attached Files

Comment

Force fields 2000
          Attached Files

Comment

Any discussion here?

Comment

Ok, here is one item. Why bother with replacing stabilizers with nullifiers? Yeah they are better, but by the time you get them it is just as easy to leave it alone.

I would only put them in Doomstars and I seldom make them. So have you really look at this and have some good data? Should I reconsider it?

I mean, I know it matters very little either way, mainly it is an academic debate.

Comment

its just a blurb for that line of tech.

Comment

Darn, I was sort of hoping you had something good so I could finally get a useful tech from that field.

I tend to not research that group until most all the rest are done. I don't use the sub space either. I kind of miss the way it was in Moo1.

You needed to have subspace interdictors or a ship with the subspace teleporters to ensure they could not be used against you.

Comment

If tactical combat were altered those devices would probably be pretty good, for instance a much larger battle field where everyone didn't start in beam range of everyone else.

Comment

How long/tough are the battles? Can two BBsmoke the opposition per fight? And, do we still need Heavy armor? (If ditching HA can add a third big gun, we may want to consider that on half our ships -- match an offensive boat with a regular defensive one.)

I agree -- go for the bears -- leave half the fleet home for defense & send 4-6 boats out for adventure.

Next -- I recommend going for the Psi's -- we may get the free tech AND no more fear of a three front war.

Techwise -- AM for speed sounds good; I like getting computers up through autolabs -- those next few techs up through megafluxers sound sweet after that. then I'd go for construction or some social gains.
                      Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Against the silicoids, our older designs were just obliterating them. Everyone else has armor,computers,etc so battles will be harder.

Comment

Ok, I'll play the next term tommorrow.

Comment

Working...
                          X