Moo3 Patcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moo3 Patcher

Just a note in case people aren't aware of the thread, got an effort going to try and fix some bugs and add some functionality to MoO3. The thread for it over at AtariMOO is here.

Bh

thanks for the heads up

Comment

Interesting effort.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I got your patcher but I'm having trouble with the dll. It shows as being installed, but I get an "unable to open/read dll" error message when I try to add the patches that require it. Any ideas what the problem might be? I'd really like to use the one that avoids duplication of races in the game, but I can't get it to work. I'm using version 1.25 and am running XP Pro.

BTW, any chance you could work up a patch that allows for spacing the civs on the map? I find it really annoying when, with 250 planets, I end up with 3 or 4 races right on my doorstep. I'd rather have a chance to expand a bit before I encounter anyone.

Incidentally, I tried contacting you over at Atari, but apparently they don't allow email addresses from public services like Yahoo, Hotmail etc. anymore.

Comment

When adding a patch that uses the *.dll file, did you put the *.dll file in the main Moo3 directory, so the game patch from Bhruic can use it?

The *.dll file must be in the game directory also with the patched Moo3.exe file (or whatever the name is of the main program's game file).

The rest of the patches if not stating that it needs a *.dll file do not need to have an additional *.dll file in the main game directory (MOO3 folder).

Comment

Originally posted by Raion
            When adding a patch that uses the *.dll file, did you put the *.dll file in the main Moo3 directory, so the game patch from Bhruic can use it?

The *.dll file must be in the game directory also with the patched Moo3.exe file (or whatever the name is of the main program's game file).

The rest of the patches if not stating that it needs a *.dll file do not need to have an additional *.dll file in the main game directory (MOO3 folder).
            Yep, I put the dll where it was supposed to be. The Patcher acknowledged that it was there, but I got no info other than Installed/Uninstalled. And trying to get it to work I got the error message I mentioned.

Comment

I'm having a similar problem which is this:

I have all the files where they should be, as far as I can tell by the readme, yet when I try to run the patcher it tells me that it can't start because it can not find MFC71.DLL, not being terribly savvy I'm at a loss since I cannot find any mention of that DLL anywhere.

Comment

Working...
              X