Zortium Armor Positronic Computers

2 Hv Plasma Cannons
    1 pd Phasor

Achiles Targeting Unit
    Battle Pods
    Heavy Armor
    Battlescanner
    inertial Stabilizer
    Yes(please tell the security guards to stop poking me with their power rifles)
    66.67%
    No I have a better design which is...(write in here)
    33.33%
    Theres no way to incorporate bananas into this poll so its a bad poll.
    0.00%

Im, curious: Is one PD Phasor really effective? Wont more,cheaper PD Beams be a better bang/buck ?
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

It will certainly work. I would be inclined to drop the targeting unit and use that space for weapons.

I would use Phasors instead to get more weapons and leave a bit of space to get the extra combat speed, if it did not mean giving up a primary gun.

Since you have HA and Hulls, what are the weapons being used aginst you? I would use HA if no bypass armor stuff was used, else go with Hulls for the triple structure.

Comment

I dont have the reinforced hull on this design.

Comment

the ai doesn't use ATUs so we don't have to worry about armor piercing attacks.

Comment

the phasor is 5 space, there is no real pd weapon we have at this point that are smaller/more effective, its purely cosmetic(except that it will down 1 fighter/missile per turn). maybe pd af mass drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
              I dont have the reinforced hull on this design.
              Of course you don't have them on the ship, I meant avilable to use either. As in you have both techs.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
                the ai doesn't use ATUs so we don't have to worry about armor piercing attacks.
                There are a number of weapons and mods that will bypass armor, such as Ion Pulse Cannons. The AI will use these and AP mods.

Anyway it was just a consideration, not a recommendation. IOW covering the bases.

Comment

ap doesnt bypass heavy armor, and ion pulse cannons are covered by shields(I think they bypass the hull as well and go straight to structure).

Comment

Te only weapons that can bypass the heavy armor partially are the gyro destabilizers and graviton beams. They do some structural damage regardless of the armor ...

For the current stage of the game the above design is ok in spite of its inability to handle lots of missiles. We can add a special PD ship in an attacking fleet if we need so.
                    Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Whoever voted no please post a better ship design..

Comment

Working...
                      X