Does MoOII Run OK on High End PCs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does MoOII Run OK on High End PCs?

I have a Pentium III 800 and the animations in tactical go a bit too fast than what I would prefer. So I was wondering how MoOII handles with the latest PCs. I suppose when 64 bit computing is the norm, MoOII will be so fast it will be unplayable.

So if you have a high end PC, does it run okay?
    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

I guess it depends on what you mean by too fast and high end and plays ok.

I have a P4 3.066GH for over a year now with 9800 PRO running XP PRO. I do not have problems with the combat speed and would not mind it if was faster.

I do have problems with the mouse, but I now use Moslo and runs at 47% normal and then the mouse is fine.

My really old PIII is 1.7GH and it runs MooII like a champ under Win98SE.

Comment

Turn off fast animations?
      I'm on an athlon xp 1600 with radeon 9800 pro (hi vmxa1)

i also would like combat to be faster ;b

no problems with mouse here either

Comment

What is the problem with the mouse, vmxa1? Does it fly across the screen too fast or something?
        Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

No, in some cases it sticks. The screen where you select your home system name, I just hit enter. I could not get it to change taxes at all.

The big one is upgrading ships. It was a real nightmare, but I could do it by holding the arrow keys or enter key.

There were a few other minor times, but with Moslo, I don't have the problem as long as I do not set the speed to high.

Comment

The only problem with running MoO2 I ever had was with using nvidia drivers newer than 29.42. If I use any version above that the mouse cursor starts flickering when I move it.
            Other than that everything runs fine, either on my PIII 800 or my newer Ahtlon XP 1800.

Comment

I experienced some problems with Win2k ... I wish I had left Win98 as an additional OS ...
              Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Working...
              X