Proposal for the next demo game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal for the next demo game

when we get to it(want me to pick up the pace on turns for this dg?) lets do an advanced tech start, and possibly have 2 co-op factions.

Not sure what you mean?

Could you give some details for us?

Comment

Next game, instead of starting prewarp and having nothing for anyone to do, start advanced tech, and let people run their planets.

Also, have more then one faction working together in the game via hotseat.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
        Next game, instead of starting prewarp and having nothing for anyone to do, start advanced tech, and let people run their planets.
        Could be a good idea, but we shall vote upon

Also, have more then one faction working together in the game via hotseat.
        via hotseat? Still not sure what you mean..........

Comment

multiplayer hotseat game with 2 human played races, and probably 6 ai ones. the 2 humans can do treaties and tech trades, as well as system trades.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
            multiplayer hotseat game with 2 human played races, and probably 6 ai ones. the 2 humans can do treaties and tech trades, as well as system trades.
            Sounds more like an exploit...............

If we can already beat the AI like this how do you want to 'handicap' this advantage?

The idea sounds good, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilgamensch

Sounds more like an exploit...............

If we can already beat the AI like this how do you want to 'handicap' this advantage?

The idea sounds good, though.
              Why not having human 'badies'.
              Let's say a Democracy(=community) vs different single baddies(=lone players).
              Ideas:
              The democracy chose all race picks, even for the badies.
              The democracy keeps control for space combat, the baddies must play auto.

EDIT: according to my dictionary, baddie is with 2 'd'.
              Last edited by Dry; June 22, 2004, 06:56.
              The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Hum, my American Heritage Dictionary has badde, but you know what? I have never heard anyone use the term in nearly 59 years of being alive in the USA.

Anyway we get the reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry

Why not having human 'badies'.
                  Let's say a Democracy(=community) vs different single baddies(=lone players).
                  Ideas:
                  The democracy chose all race picks, even for the badies.
                  The democracy keeps control for space combat, the baddies must play auto.

EDIT: according to my dictionary, baddie is with 2 'd'.

Sounds more like a dictatorship to me

But still how shall the two h(uman) races communicate?

I am a bit ancious that we will even easier overrun the AI.........

Comment

Hotseat trade will have to be handled by 1 person, so once its agreed on.

It will be easier to run over the ai(not everyone eats impossible AI for breakfast though), but it gives more people something to do since there would be several more planets for each race.

Drys suggestions are interesting, except that space combat in hotseat would have to be done by a neutral third party observer.

Comment

Working...
                    X