MoO2 w/out CD???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoO2 w/out CD???

I used to know how to get MoO 2 to run on my computer w/out the CD (less noise that way).

Anyone remember what needs to be done to do that?

Thanks,
    Slingbld~

You need the cracked version for that, dont have the link anymore.

Comment

(Hmmmm.....the german version has the option full install....)

Lord Brazen wrote the following instructions for the dos-installation (english version). (after install.exe is chosen)

Step 2: Copy the entire CD onto the hard drive (optional step)
      In order to speed up the game, I recommend you now copy the entire contents of the CD
      into the C:\MPS\ORION2 folder. When you are copying you can feel free to say 'Yes to All'
      when it asks to overwrite the files. Once all the files are copied you will need to edit the
      'ORIONCD.INI' file within the C:\MPS\ORION2 folder. Change the top line in the file to
      C:\MPS\ORION2\
      "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

I used to use the ini, but for some reason it stopped working on my current machine. The OS is the same as before (XP PRO).

It is not a probably as I use Alchol120 now.

BTW I see a lots of place have many boxes of Moo2 for sale this last month? Frys had them and a ton of Moo3. Is that selling?

Comment

ASFAIR, isn't the an ini-file somewhere which is specifying the CD-ROM

Shall be only saying like:

e:\

Replace this with the drive\path you are using and it shall start without CD.

Can't check haven't got it installed here (and still not running on this dreaded computer :doitnow: )

Comment

Sure, the file is called "orioncd.ini". You may want to copy the files from the cd that are not installed too.
            Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

I figured it out w/ out needing a crack.

I'm at work ATM but basically I copied the contents of the CD to a folder I called moo2cd.

Then there is a TXT file that points the .exe to your CD drive. just change the directory to where you loaded all the cd info into.

Worked for me

Slingbld~

Comment

Guys, super easy. Make a folder in your games folder like... D:\Games\Orion2\Files

Now copy all the CD files to the \Files folder you created, remove the CD and go run the install from the files you copied. Install the game to D:\Games\Orion2 and your all set.

Comment

Working...
                X