Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrambled Screen in Galactic Civ

Hello,

I took the leap and downloaded Galactic Civ (the first one), because it was said to be much like MOO only bigger. When I opened it, it scrambled my screen. I only have an older 640 x 480 type monitor. Other newer games have scrambled this screen too, so I wasn't surprised, except when I read the read me file it seem to indicate that the game would run on 640 x 480 and 4 meg video card. I not sure what kind of video card, if any, I have, because I don't know how to tell what kind of video card I have. I suspect I have 4meg on board. That was standard on this computer, a 450 AMD.

So, does anyone know if there is a way of playing Gal Civ on a 640 x 480 screen?

My apology for posting this on MOO page, but I didn't see a forum for messages on the Gal Civ page. Hey most of you know as much about Gal Civ as you doo about MOO. They are like two peas in a pod. Rather the players are like a pea in two pods, or something.... You know a lot more about this than I do, at any rate, for sure.

So, can any one help. Again, all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Groc

just a thought, but setting the monitor resolution to a different one and then trying?

In all likelyhood you get to buy a new monitor

Comment

The forum just above this one if for Galciv. You can also go to Stardock : http://www.galciv.com/index.asp?c=1&u=0

And try there.

Depending on the OS you are using you should be able to right click on the desktop and select properties.

Look for settings and then maybe advnced. YOu can find the desktop settings.

The first Galciv was an OS/2 app. Are you talking about that or the secone one?

Comment

Vmxa1, I found the forum for Gal Civ. So, I'll be removing this thread also. Thanks for your help.

Comment

I doubt that you can remove the thread only moderators can do that, I think. Anyway no need to mess with it. It will slowing drop off the to the back of the pack.

Comment

Working...
          X