Term 21: Silicoid Mop up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Term 21: Silicoid Mop up

Turn 246: The sarka and the humans are at war!
    Meanwhile both Darlenia 2 and 3 are filled to capacity with people. 2 is conducting research, 3 is building ships.

Turn 247: Several transports are being constructed to seize the next silicoid world.

Turn 248: Pirates! the qui Star System is infested with Pirates, Damned Human scum are probably responsible!

Our scientists also finished researching ion fission, and will move to genetics.

Turn 249: The silicoids attacked the recently liberated colony of Kenyen, but this time, defenses were ready, their puny weapons didn't even manage to scratch the shields on the warship stationed above the planet.

A new warship finished at Darlenia 3, i've set it to producing an Orionator Design, and will await orders from the governor on whether or not to change it.

Turn 250: A council vote was called, we hold the largest population in the galaxy!
    I voted for Sauron because it will anger him if I don't and we aren't quite ready to fight him yetbecause i'm such a nice guy. The vote was inconclusive.

Status of the empire:
    We are researching macro genetics. what should be the research path we should take?

3 planets are fully developed and contributing to the empire now, Darlenia 2 is where most of our research is done, 289 per turn. Darlenia 3 is building ships, with 284 industry per turn, and will finish the next battleship in 4 turns. A planet in the Shalako system is on trade goods, funding the command point deficit we have and providing 100 BC per turn. all other planets are focusing on their development. Shall we raise taxes and move the planet in the Shalako system to research or ship building?

Our fleet is centering around Zosma, 5 transports and 2 battleships are enroute or already there. The next target is Ixion, the closest silicoid world. We left this turn, and will arrive in 2 turns. New defenses will arrive at Zosma in 3 turns. It has a missile base and a fighter garrision to defend it in the meantime.

As always, rename save8.gam.sav to save8.gam
    Attached Files

Battle above Kenyan
    Attached Files

Comment

Discovery of Ion Fission, I say that once we are done with genetics 2750, we should go to construction 3500, what do you all say?
      Attached Files

Comment

The council Vote
        Attached Files

Comment

Arr, Pirates!
          Attached Files

Comment

The Galaxy Map
            Attached Files

Comment

Yes on the Construction; Maybe some more computers or forcefields after that.

Great work Whoha!
              Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

also how should i vote on council meetings in the future? for the other guy if hes not going to win? Abstain always? vote for us?

Comment

After I looked at the game I have a few suggestions:

If we are going for Orion, then we can use Darlenia to build the necessary ships.

The Orionator design does not need the PD beams - they cannot scratch the shields of the Guardian, and there won't be targetable missiles in the battle. The guardian fires torpedoes. Some free space will add some defence to the ships.

Rash Iki may be returned to Darlenia, so we can build the ships faster. We can have 307 production on Darlenia 2 and 375 on Darlenia 3 with him. Besides he can go to the home system instantly -> pool him; exit the leaders screen; enter it again; assign him.
                  We can relative easily beat the guardian with 5-6 Orionators.
                  Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

I dont think it has pd beams, thats the standard battleship.

Comment

Trade goods - yes. Taxes - no.

I vote for computers after genetics.
                      Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

First: Sorry that I was so long absent, but now I shall be back.

Still reading up on the rest............

Construction sounds nice for me.

Taxes..... I try to avoid using taxes, loosing to much on research..........Better we leave Shalako on trade goods.

Voting: Vote for whomever, so long he ain't get the majority

If we have the biggest population, brings up an interresting question (might have been asked already): Do we want to win via voting?

Comment

Also I started to create a table (more to come, I hope), let me know about changes, best to do it in here, so that the other thread stays clean

Comment

By the time we get that much of the vote I suspect we will be in a position to win however we like, and the game will become fairly boring, I'll try to have the game passed around to the governors, to let them direct their fiefdoms around, that may prolong its life for a while.After we take Orion we should move to single terms, and let governors control their systems, and maybe even their own fleets if thats how good we are doing.

Comment

Working...
                            X