Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Term 20: 240-245 Or, the great silicoid relocation

Turn 240:

As per The governor's orders, 2 silicoids were forced persuaded to move Darlenia 1 from Darlenia 2.

likewise Darlenia 3 is now full of workers from Darlenia 1.

Worker allocation was set as well, however the increased requirement of food freighters means that only enough freighters are initially available to move 1 worker from vela to D3.

A battleship 5 turns from completion was scrapped, and its materials will be used to build freighters as per the governors orders. As a result of this no workers are needed as of yet and all workers on D2 were moved to science.

As per the governors request, around 15 freighters were inserted into various build ques.

Turn 241:
    multiple freighters finished, and too many people were ordered to move, some worlds may starve for 1 cycle.

Turn 242: Several more freighters finished, and the first of the forced relocations to the home system occured. D1 will require an additional farmer to feed d3.

Turn 243: Xeno relations is finished. Ion drives will be our next goal.

The fleet is marshalled at last, Kenyan will now be added to our empire.

Turn 245:
    Kenyan is ours. Fighting was tougher then expected however, the starbase survived to turn #2, and enemy ground forces, severely outmatched and outgunned none the less inflicted 6 casualties to the 7 we inflicted(we have powered armor and +35 attack, they have +20 attack and the "+2 ai bonus" whatever that is).

The state of the Darlenia system:
    All 3 worlds have alien management centers. D3 has a space academy, this is the only building the other two lack.

8 Silicoids are in transit to the Darlenia System, D3 has 33 workers, and will finish a battleship in 5 turns. 5 workers are farming, the rest are in industry.

Darlenia 2 has 24 workers with 4 farmers, the rest researching.

Darlenia 1 has 10 workers, 4 farmers, the rest building housing.

The state of the empire:
    We had to raise taxes because moving so much pop around lowered tax revenue quite a bit. This was since fixed, in turn 245.

we have about 100 freighters, 55 of which are free. Alien management centers have been built in all holdings we took from the silicoids, there should be more slave workers soon for the Darlenia system(we grabbed most of the free ones already, several silicoid worlds were depopulated of assimilated workers doing this).

We are 3 turns from discovering Ion engines, what will we research next?

As always, rename save9.gam.sav to save9.gam and place it in your orion2 directory.
    Attached Files

The galaxy Map
    Attached Files

Comment

Alien Management Centers.
      Attached Files

Comment

The Battle Above Kenyan.
        Attached Files

Comment

If I recall correctly, the construction path has a a couple of "easy" techs on the way to bigger ships. We may want to think about more punch for the next offensive.

My other thought was to go a couple of techs into our major weapon path & see about upgrades/ miniturization of of those for the bigger punch.
          Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Yes...
            We have several beelines we could make:
            the Power line to 3500: notable items are AM drives, mega-fluxers,HEFs.

The construction line to 2000:
            Assault shuttles,titan construction,artificial planet,recyclotron,robotics factory.

Sociology to 2000:Stock exchange and astro university.

Genetics to 2750: sub farms,weather controller,psionics,heightened intelligence.

Computers to 2750:cyber security link,structural analyser, autolabs.

Physics to 4500: AF,SP phasors,plasma rifles,subspace com,jump gates,multiphased shields.

force fields to 4500: AF,AP gauss cannons,class 7 shields,warp interdictors,ground combat/spying bonuses,hard shields.

---------------------------------------------------------
            construction does look good, but I think we should go for the genetic and sociology lines to improve research before deciding on what to get next.

1 vote for construction, 1 vote for genetics.

Plasma cannons won't really minaturize in a good time frame right now, we'd need more research stuff(perhaps all the way up the computer line) to make it up the physics line.

Comment

Astro University will help the research and everything else a little; Imperium gives +20% morale.

Psionics gives +10% morale; hightened inteligence only helps the main race.

May be it will be good to max out computers, since there are +50% morale in the last levels there (Virtual reality network, Plasure dome) and Galactic Cybernet.
              Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Hi. Why not use stamp removal tool. PM me for more details if you want.
                money sqrt evil;
                My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

I'm lazy :P I could probably take the info under the stamps, but I try to arrange the picture so that there isn't alot under them. Its just a couple of human stars under the galaxy map for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by bakalov
                    Astro University will help the research and everything else a little; Imperium gives +20% morale.

Psionics gives +10% morale; hightened inteligence only helps the main race.

May be it will be good to max out computers, since there are +50% morale in the last levels there (Virtual reality network, Plasure dome) and Galactic Cybernet.
                    we get both psionics and heightened intelligence though. Plus every world that we AP to create will have our people, so its nothing to sneeze at.

we should intersperse some combat techs into the beeline, which is why I only have short term beelines.

Comment

OK, I agree that we go for Psionics and HI. We'll try to concentrate the research on the darlok colonies.

After building the ship Darlenia 3 will have to switch to research again. The smaller colonies and the recently conquered ones will have to build the necessary transports .... We'll have to finish with these silicoids once and for all.
                      Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Working...
                      X