Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to take over a planet that you bomb out with deathspores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how to take over a planet that you bomb out with deathspores?

I did this, and the colony had 11 buildings left, no people, and was essentially an outpost, how do I claim my prize? I can't invade or bomb it out with normal weapons, and it doesn't look like I can move people to it.

Also got some funny messages about how I was a baby killer. Bombing out and recolonizing, no problem, stellar converter, no problem, using death spores, problem.

How could you move people to it? its full of death spores.

I guess bombing to the stone age is gentlemanly, while if you are blowing planets up-well, better not say anything...but Bioweapons! ungentlemanly.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

hhhhmmmm.....i never used deathspores the last years....

and i never tried to invade a 0 pop planet the last years.

but it is probably a bug:

0 pop on a planet; When there is 0 population on a planet but there are toops and a building. It is impoosible to invade that planet.

"Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

Never used deathspores in Moo2. I would think it is a bug, but did you bring troops? If so was the invade option given?

Comment

invade wasnt an option once the planet had no pop, it quit bombardment at that point. I don't think that they tested out bio weapons.

Comment

Sounds like a bug, it should have been destroyed. Now it is sort of like an outpost.

Comment

I think the original thinking was wipe out the population and take tech goodies and infrastructure for your people, but they never worked out the setting up your population.

Comment

Well, you have no one to interrogate anymore...

can you bomb the planet and get rid of the infrastructure? So you can at least colonize the planet?

Comment

See if a Stellar Converter works...
                  Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

nope, you have to wait for the ai to sell off all the buildings apparently.

Comment

well, in theory they could ferry more people over, no?

Comment

Can't you recolonize with a colony ship?
                        Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

I had colony ships there and didn't get an option to do that.

I guess they could Gepap, unless the blockade would prevent it. Does the ai use freighters to ferry people around?

Comment

According to the book you can only colonize a planet that you have used deathspores on after researching certain tech, that allows you to clean the environment and make it once again safe for habitation.
                            It also tells you that biological weapons are one of the things that upset other cultures and possibly your own more than most other things.
                            I believe the help files said the same, but am uncertain.

Comment

I've never seen anything about having to clean up after using deathspores. But I've had a colony bombed by the Antarans that had zero population with a building or two left standing. I was able to transfer in pop units.

If you don't move colonists in one building per turn disappears due to lack of maintenance if the owner doesn't scrap a building that turn.
                              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                              X