Planetary Defense Calculation in MOO2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planetary Defense Calculation in MOO2

I swear that I have seen this, and there is a way to get it on the screen, but I have failed so far to find it...

In MOO2, in windows, in the Colony Screen, there is a window that describes the planetary (space combat) defenses.

I know there is a window for the land based defenses (left-clicking on the lower left corner, where the marines/tanks/battloids are displayed and this shows the armor, racial bonus, weapons, etc. for land combat.

I thought there was a similar screen for the space defense (starbase, fighter garrison, missile base, ground batteries, etc.) and it showed details such as how many pulse cannons, merculite missiles, armor of the starbase and so forth.

Am I insane, or does this window exist somewhere? Is it a keyboard shortcut? Maybe in a different screen? Maybe it is only on the MAC?

I know that a click on the solar system shows the planets and a list for each of he existance of defenses -- missle base, battlestation, etc., but I haven't a more detailed listing as of yet.
    Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

If you men the system planet map, you can see what the planet has for defense on your own planets.
      Attached Files

Comment

Whoops I did not have the cursor over a planet:
        Attached Files

Comment

I don't recall any way to do that for other races palnets unless you have a fleet there. You cannot see the true defense.

Comment

Hhhmm..... thanks for the replies, but no, not exactly.
            And I am referring to your own colonies, but there is a way I hope, to see a breakdown of the planetary defenses, other than being in the space combat phases.
            Perhaps I should make a few screenshots as well......

The only true reason for my question is, how can you see how many fighters are in your fighter garrison and what tech they are using? I've had funny experiences when old colonies with long-established fighter garrisons having only a few (less than 20) fighters and using silly techs.

Perhaps I am insane....

Comment

Noting comes to mind right now, but I have not been playing Moo in recent days. I so seldom have figher garrison that I can't recall anything.

Comment

I just ran a battle and used the scan and that is the only thing I can think of that lets you see the composition of a structure such as a star base.

Comment

Thanks for the help, guys!
                  I don't believe I will find it, or at least 3 hours of googling hasn't produced much, so I will need to live without.

Or increase the Prozac..

Comment

AFAIK there is no such screen.

Anyway, planetary defense is weak in moo2...so i was never interested in the exact numbers....

Maybe these tables under 3.2.31 can answer some of ur questions:

This website is for sale! fortunecity.de is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, fortunecity.de has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                    "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

Working...
                    X