MOO2 in windows XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOO2 in windows XP

Does anyone know how to get MOO2 to run in windows XP. It works at first but after a while there are always strange grahpics issues, blacked out screen etc etc.

I've tried lots of things, like running in win 95 compatibility mode but nothing seems to work. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

I haven't had any difficulties running it in WinXP.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

what kind of vid card/settings do you have? Or better yet what are your system specs?

thanks!

Comment

ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard
        AMD Athlon XP 2400
        Radeon 9700 PRO
        Sound Blaster Audigy
        512 PC2700 RAM
        80GB SATA HArd drive (Baracuda?)

The only "problem" i have is that the screen scrolls way too fast to be practical in combat, so I have to navigate around the map by clicking on the minimap.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I have it working on XP PRO and have on three XP PRO systems so far. Currently I do have a problem with the cursor in a few of the screens, but I am able to get it to work with shift key. The only screen it will not behaving at all is the tax screen, so I can't change taxes.

I did not have that problem on my previous systems.

Pent4 3.066GH
          9800 pro

I suspect my issues are with the video card. If I was not so lazy I would turn of the accel and see what happened.

Comment

Your system may be running too fast.

Try getting a slowdown program. I use Mo'Slo myself.

I was having odd little problems, but once I used Mo'Slo to slow things down to 200 Mhz vs 2.4 Ghz, MOO2 worked a lot smoother.

Mo'Slo will slow down your computer to run old software. Overcome runtime error 200 and R6003. Slow old games, comm, machine control, Motorola RSS, dBase, Clipper, Citrix - whenever a computer is too fast for an old program. For DOS and Windows. From Dr. David's Super Crispy Software.

Comment

I have similar specs to Ludd and only have the same problem in tactical combat.
              Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Working...
              X