Jazkal's OptimistMod - alpha v.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazkal's OptimistMod - alpha v.5

This MOD from MoO3.MODs.com by Jazkal looks very interesting. But how do you install it? There is no read-me text. It promises to give you more time in which to encounter other empires, thereby strengthening your playing position, a complaint I have been making for ages!

Do you just add the MOD file to all the other files or do you integrate the text files directly into the Spreadsheets file?

I tried the latter and got a DirectX error! But I was attempting to incorporate it into a current game. Perhaps I should only have installed it, however, I should have installed it, before starting a new game?

Jazkal, are you out there? Give me the equivalent of a read-me text, please. I take it that it is for the 1.2.5 patched game?

Live long and prosper.

The easiest way to give you more time before encounters is to play in larger galaxies with fewer opponents, and (to some degree) to start outside the Senate.

I don't know why you'd need a mod for that...however:

A) You'd put any spreadsheets into the appropriate subdirectory (but watch out for overwrites...if this mod changes any spreadsheets which you've already modded, then you'll have to manually integrate the mod).
    B) As a rule, only apply mods before starting a new game. It's safer that way.
    If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

I take your point, Stormhound but...

Always good to hear from your Stormhound. How are y'all doing?

All your advice I have taken, including adding the text files to what looked like the appropriate directory, which was the spreadsheets one. Then I play a turn and get the dreaded DirectX error and literally had to pull the plug and MS do its scan thing - and you know how it likes that - not!

Guess I have been really, really lucky. Most of the MODs, and I have applied quite a fewright through a game on which I am now on turn 735, have worked alright together. Perhaps that is pretty amazing? One saving grace of MOO3 are the players' MODs, particularly the presentational MODs, which have really enhanced the game for me.

Some one at MoO3 MODs.com very kindly gave me address to which to which to write so maybe I can now get a read-me out of the guy who wrote the MOD.

Although you are a designer of the game, I am afraid I must disagree with you one point, as some one who has been playing the game for a year or so now, I have found you always meet up with hostile types before you are good and ready! If the Star Trek Federation had had to work in this environment it would never have got started!

Live long and prosper, my friend.

Comment

Working...
      X