No announcement yet.

QSI/Atari didn't kill the genre . . . :p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atair didnot ruin MOO3. Alan Emrich who wrote MOO1 official strategy guide thought he could make the best TBS game of all time. He sent 3 or 4 year try to write than AL to do all of your thinking. He was fired for not being able to delivery than workable game on time. They where left with trying to make it into a workable game. Alan Emrich knew nothing about computer programming at all. Writeing even than straight non-game program in C can take hours of debugging work.
    By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesBHoff
      Atair didnot ruin MOO3. Alan Emrich who wrote MOO1 official strategy guide thought he could make the best TBS game of all time. He sent 3 or 4 year try to write than AL to do all of your thinking. He was fired for not being able to delivery than workable game on time. They where left with trying to make it into a workable game. Alan Emrich knew nothing about computer programming at all. Writeing even than straight non-game program in C can take hours of debugging work.
      Do you program?
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

Do you program?
        Yes. Straight payroll program are easy to do as limit data is involse and the rules of payroll are simple. Programming computer game like MOO1, MOO2 and MOO3, plus Civ like game is the second hardest program to write after writeing operation system program. I wouldnot even try to program than computer games like Civ 3 with my skills.
        By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

The Horizon site and forums recently had a small update!

Definitely on the "not dead yet" list of projects.

Horizon builds on popular 4x Turn Based space strategy games to bring an evolved game of exploration and conquest with open space navigation and tactical ship combat.
          ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
          "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
          Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

Not a lot there...
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

I did say small
              ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
              "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
              Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

What I see so far reminds me of Space Empires 4.

Comment

As far as i know there won't be any Starlanes...and that makes already a big difference...furhtermore, you'll have much smaller fleets in Horizon.

Probably gonna get Horizon & Space Empire 5.
                  "Give us peace in our time",

Stuart Adamson, singer from Big Country, 1958-2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Anguille2
                    As far as i know there won't be any Starlanes...and that makes already a big difference...furhtermore, you'll have much smaller fleets in Horizon.
                    I never was much of a starlane fan, one of the reasons I liked MOO and MOO2. Hope the fleets won't get too small.

Originally posted by Anguille2
                    Probably gonna get Horizon & Space Empire 5.
                    I'll definitely get Space Empire 5. I'll also watch Horizon as it develops and keep an open mind.

Comment

Working...
                    X