Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delay in accessing planetary military panes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay in accessing planetary military panes...

Just thought I would share a problem with y'all out there and see if anybody else has the same experience.

I will say, first of all, I have a heavily modded game so I dont know whether this is a factor and another factor could be that I am now about 700 turns into the game, so there is a lot of computing involved with each turn, but I should add I do have a fairly powerful processor and HD.

Problem is this. Whenever I colonise a new planet, if I try to garrison it the military screen goes blank for ages until it finally appears for me to insert a division or corps. This only happens for the first unit or units with which I form the garrison. Once I have garrisoned the planet the first time there is usually no repeat of this delay.

Does anyone else have a similar problem? And have they managed to solve it? I would be interested to know.

Live long and prosper.

cant say i've seen that.

Comment

May be you have too much ground forces in your reserves? I can't think of another reason ....
      Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Thanks for your responses, Whoha and Bakalov.

Must say it is getting a bit worrying. So far, with patience, the military pane eventually comes up but it can up take up to to ten to fifteen minutes! As I said, it only happens before any unit has been garrisoned on a planet.

I never had this problem with my old un-modded, unpatched game so perhaps it is something to do with the MODS but, if that is the case, which one???

Live long and prosper.

Comment

PS - Pop-ups

I have never come across a website with so many pop-ups, including e-Bay and Britney Spears, but I appreciate all the help I have received from this forum and I guess Apolyton has to earn from the site in some way. I do not grudge them that. But Britney Spears? Is she a fan of MOO3?

Comment

She's as popular as Civ3. But seriously...

I have not seen that but have not been playing too long. 10 or 15 minutes sounds extreme. Very large tables can take a long time to swap on a bogged down system, but 10 minutes is absurd.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Many thanks for your response, "notyoueither".

I think it is a possibly a problem with one of the MODs but I have added so many I cant know which! I wont go back to playing the game un-modded. It is much better with a choice selection of mods. I guess I have been lucky there havent been worse program clashes!

The thing is I dont have a problem with any of the other panes, just this one, and my system is quite powerful. It is a puzzle and a serious annoyance!

I have got to the point where I almost dread colonising a new planet because I know that the garrison pane will take at least ten minutes to come up that first time I set up the garrison! But afterwards it comes up normally.

Since, despite its faults, I still do like this game I suppose I shall carry on until the pane completely fails to unfreeze and then, well, I do have a backlog of games in this genre to which I can repair! Still, that would be a pity before I have played out my interest in it. Conceptually, MOO3 is still one of my favourite space strategy games, and, with all the interesting MODs available, is, in my opinion, now a much better game than the one originally published. I will try and live with the bug for as long as I can.

Live long and prosper!

PS. My favourite 'space babe' is T'Pau in Star Trek 'Enterprise'. I would love to have the opportunity of a date (well, call it 'cultural exchange') with her! Wouldnt we all?

Comment

Cristopher - you can try uninstalling half of the mods; then after one game you'll know in which half is the mod that caused the problem; then divide the "BAD" half into two parts and repeat again ... After 3 iterations you should be able to localize it in an 1/8 of the mods :-)
                Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Many thanks for the response, Bakalov but your advice is still a little too technical and finicky for me. Besides, mightnt I lose the ability to carry on playing the game on the turn I am presently on? The gameplay is much more interesting with the MODs and the diplomacy a little more dependable!

I have spent many months now on MOO3 and have increasingly enjoyed it with all the enhancements in the MODs which have gradually become available and despite, of course, the bugs, so if it just terminally freezes (God forbid!), I will look to Haegemonia, Conquest: Frontier Wars, ST: Orion Pirates, GalCiv and Imperium Galactica II which have been gathering dust on my shelf for ages!

I dont think I will ever lose my enthuisiasm for the space strategy genre! I cant see what anyone sees in the shoot 'em up kind!

Live long and prosper, my friend.

Comment

Working...
                  X