• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where we are at turn 220:

Here is where we stand:

We are at war with the silicoids.

We are researching Zortium armor

We possess phasors and Plasma cannons as well as targeting technology.

There are outposts building at our homeworld, 1 of which is already headed for Gryphon.

Qui has a dragon on it, you may want to clear that out once you pacify the silicoids.

Our fleet is headed for the next silicoid world(Zozma), 1 battleship has departed from Shalako and will arrive in 3 turns, our other 2 BBs and transports are at Lesath and will have to be sent on turn 221 to reach Zozma at the same time as the 3rd battleship.

We just ran into the Humans, and they have a giant empire that runs right up to ours. These guys are going to be trouble. They have 10 star systems, almost the middle portion of the board.

My view on the situation:

1st ship is enough for dealing with the next silicoid planets as they seem to have only a few ships.
    The other two ships can kill the dragon, and then go helping the first ship.

The homeworld must switch to a colony ship for Qui.

We must reduce our taxes to zero by scrapping some non-necessary armor barracks and missile bases/fighter garnisons/radiation shields on our core planets. May be we could switch a planet to trade goods.

We are in great need of 2 or may be three sociology levels that we can achieve very quickly after the Zortrium. I would go for Astro Universities and Imperium too, but this is a decision that we shall make later.

Humans will not be a great problem ... They have colonies but only a few pop, and they are not a very productive race.
    Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Thanks guys for the headstart.

One 'bad' news: I won't be able to start today, but tomorrow we shall have some news.

Might sound stupid, but when we sell the barracks are we not loosing 20% because of unhapiness?

Comment

taxes have to stay up we are above our command limit.

I forgot our gov't already Gilgamensch, but if we are uni sell some of them off.

I'd like to change Bakalov's suggestion of switching production to a colony ship, just put an outpost ship there to claim it for now(and continue claiming the gryphon system).

Comment

If you are Uni you are just wasting the price of an outpost to build one to hold the place. You will have no use for the "free barracks".

Comment

troop transports vmxa we are in a war of conquest, don't sell all of them if we are uni(i don't think that we are, I'm pretty sure we are a dictatorship).

Comment

But you will not be making any troops form that site for a long time, if ever. One barracks for that is good. If non uni then I had no problem with it. It was only if you are a uni. I can't remember either.

Comment

I mean armor barracks (tanks) not marine barracks. Marine barracks are good enough for both building transports and suppressing unhappiness. Armor barracks should be build only on conquered worlds where is danger of rebellion.

Comment

Presently our morale is ruined from the presence of the silicoids on our homeworld - there is a -20% mixed races penalty. We should move them instantly to the smallest planet in the system until we discover the Alien management centers so we can remove this penalty.

Another thing that we should do is to put to a good use those cloning centers on the full worlds - we must constantly transport colonists to the newly conquered worlds and maintain the core worlds at max size -1. Note that the cloning centers work only for the main race of the colony. If we won't do that then we should scrap the cloning centers on the full worlds.

Comment

Thanks for the advices, BUT one small problem:

I have to reinstall my MoO2, it was the German version and it didn't really work. But I still have the english version somewhere.

For the Government: we are Dictator.

Which barracks shall we leave? The tank or the Marine ones?

Comment

Whoha

I sent you a PM!!!!!!

Comment

i dont ever check those

Comment

I think that we must destroy the armor barracks - their maintainance (probably?) is bigger, and I do not know if they allow building transports if we have only them, since transports contain only marines. Marines are as powerful as tanks with the Powered armor, and we still do not have Battleoids.

Comment

Working...
                          X