Worst of 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst of 2003

Just read the list in Computer Games on page 62 and #1 on the worst of 2003 was, you guessed t.

MOO III

Not sure if I would go that far, but the main thing they mentioned was because it was so hoped to be good and was looked forward to so much.

They said "underachieving, under cooked, and spectacularly under-brained'

a true disappointment

I suppose the #1 worst is on a sliding scale according to hype and expectations.

would further developer support have salvaged it? The game needed more than one patch.

I should try it with mods, I liked the underlying game, it was just a bit too... something. maybe now heavily modded it would be playable. Is MoO3 the equivalent of CtP2? A game shoved out the door with little or no support but is able to be heavily modified and sculpted into a better game? A game with a lot of potential that was given up on?

Comment

I think it was just too complex. I was going to start a game up the other day and realized I did not remember how to play it. The
      effort need to get back up to speed was more than I had to spare at that time.

Comment

true. too complex and doesn't have the help if you need it.

Civ3 and Smac both had tremendous online help, to remind of what does what and some general mechanics. (not some more advanced stuff though). MoO3 needed a bit more.

Comment

moo3 was certainly a disappointment, but maybe it wasn't necessarily the worst game of 2003.

but at least if someone dares to release a moo4 one day, then the expectations will be quite low...
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I found that the unfriendly user interface is a bigger problem than the complexity in this game. At certain number of planets things become unmanageable and uncontrolled. You just cannot put your empire in order without annoying yourself with countless mouse clicks - the same over and over again ...
            Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

The game modded needs only one more fix - making the AI perform ground invasions on a regular basis.

Apart from that, its not "BAD" anymore.

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Apart from that, its not "BAD" anymore.

yeah, it's just horrible...
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                X