Did QS ever release a new manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did QS ever release a new manual?

I remember somehting about a new manual, was that ever released, or am I horribly mistaken?

No, never released.

Comment

I was afraid that would be the case. ah well. maybe next year. hmm.

Comment

Don't expect a new manual at all. How often does any game company do that?
        If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Originally posted by Stormhound
          Don't expect a new manual at all. How often does any game company do that?
          well, I recall seeing this quote on atari forums, so was wondering if it had ever come to fruition. I see from further digging that nothing ever came of it, but here are some quotes that indicated their intentions at one time.

From Rantz on feb-28-2003- RE: AI. One of the biggest problems with the game is lack of documentation and clarity on what is happening and why. That applies across the board, the documentation needs work, hence why we are putting together a 'revised manual' on the website, which wil hopefully make the game easier to get into and also explain how things work in a clearer fashion.

and from William Fisher, June 11

Yes, we're working on it. And thanks to everyone for their feedback on what's most important.

As you know, this is an incredibly deep game. We're going to approach new documentation one piece at a time. It would not be useful to state a timetable for this. It's a big job, and we're all quite busy just working on our many new projects. Even so, we have several people working on different elements of the documentation.

BTW, the only reason we haven't talked much online or updated the site is that we're so busy with other stuff. Thanks for your patience and your enthusiastic support.

Comment

Well, since I never go to InfoTariLand...

Anyhow, belief upon delivery. Quicksilver, interestingly, has not updated its own company website in...hmmm...quite a while. Wonder what they're up to lately?
            If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Some of the programmers posted some stuff, and other experimenters figured out the rest, its all on the Atari boards I think.

Comment

Working...
              X