No announcement yet.

Do you name your ships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was one time when I created customized battleships for my Heroes. Sparky would get one with ARUs, Mukirr would get one with Battle Scanners, Altos would get an Inertial Stabilizer/nullifier, Grak got Security Stations, etc. That was HELLA cool. But even these ships did not get individual names.

Otherwise, I give my ships very Borg-sounding designations. For example, a cruiser with autofire lasers would be designated "C250-L" while my vaunted ENV Fusion Battleships are either "B900-F" or "B1150-F". And then there's the almighty "T4500-P" Plasma Titan. I stopped using missiles a long time ago...

Before that, I just called all my battleships Enterprise and all my titans Andromeda.

I've also tried giving them Antaran names (Raider, Marauder, Intruder) or Orion names (Avenger, Guardian) to make them sound more scary than they really are.

Anything with a Stellar Converter is automatically named APOCALYPSE. In all caps.

And there are my specialy ships (Hunter-Seeker, Jolly Roger, Orion Killer, Surprise Biyatch, etc.), which are only produced in unusual conditions.

Comment

yes I name them and invent a story to go with them.

for example my very successful medium sized missile/bomber ship (moo1) was named "Jones" after the test pilot assigned to test that particular design during development. I tell you the flight cadets were very superstitious when they heard the name was being changed for the new model X-101 but once they tried out the ship they were satisfied.

lol

Comment

These are great names. I would hate to run into the APOCALYPSE.

As far as mechanics for naming the ships goes.. I am playing Moo 2 version 1.31 and all I do is right click on an existing ship to bring up their stat window, then click once on the ship's name and rename it.

Comment

Yep I did while I was playing Moo2. All sorts of "mighty" names. Dont feel embarassed about it...

The fun of naming ships sadly dissapeared with Moo3. There's just too many.

Comment

This is one of the funniest parts of the game. In one of my recent games I named myself Master Bator and I was ruling the galaxy with my "Onanator" class battleships.
            Quendelie axan!

Comment

I name classes, not individual ships: when you have a fleet of 100 Doom Stars and 150 other ships, naming each one is a waste of time-its not like the destruction of any of them is significant to my plans or feelings. Maybe if the fleet is under 20 ships strong naming them individually may matter.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Man that is a couple of DS for each system.

Comment

Well, on a huge galaxy, you can easily have more than 50 colonies. Though really no need to have 100 DS's nuless you build them like the AIm which is significantly underarmed.

Comment

I never have more than a few DS, if any. I sure never have 250 ships, that is a lot. Anyway I was only shaking my head in wonder.

Comment

I prefer titans with battleships and a very few smaller vessels in support roles. the few doomstars I build tend to be assault shutle carriers.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

GePap next time you get to that point post a save, I would like to see that monster.

Comment

And remember to fear the 'Lapsed Pacifist', 'Rigorous Insanity' and 'Hope these work' classes.

Comment

Yeah, I tried naming them for a while....
                            This site was always amusing.

Seventh Sanctum's generators for getting ideas for science and technology!

Using a Pokemon character to Death Ray the hell out of the Klackon always gave me a laugh....

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                              GePap next time you get to that point post a save, I would like to see that monster.
                              You only get fleets like this if you play in a meandering way, letting the AI build a huge endtech empire, instead of playing to win as soon as possible.

I have seen fleets fo over 110 Doom Stars, though my fleet is generally much smaller and mainly Titans at this point.

Pre 1.31, these battles were a joke, as each one of my titans could destroy 5-6 of these doom stars a turn.

Comment

I have seen huge fleets a few times. It happens if I play a turtle game, where I sit on one planet for a long time.

By the time I decide to go for it, they have lots of systems and it just takes me a long time to get to them. Sometimes a far away race will have a fleet like you talked about before I can find it.

Normally I like to locate all the fleets and target them first. Then I can take over with out worry.

Comment

Working...
                                X