Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get MOO2?

I'm not sure where or how to get MOO2.

I heard some good things about it and I would like to try it out, to see the "prequel" to MOO3.

But.... I can't find it in any computer store.

Do I have to download it from a website or ask someone for a copy of MOO2 or what? I don't know anyone in real life who owns MOO2. If I can't get MOO2, I'm so out of luck.

What to do? What to do?
    Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Try amazon.com, $9.99
    If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Thanks, Stormhound! I appreciate it!

By the way, did you work on MOO2? Or just on MOO3?
      Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

Just MOO3. My one (and probably [and likely just as well, all things considered] only) foray into the wonderful world of professional game design. Though for reasons that passeth understanding (or at least explanation from Brad Wardell) I also have credits on GalCiv.
        If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Comment

Stormhound: Why the "only" one? You made the most difficult step -> getting in, so why are you now keeping yourself out?

Comment

There are secondary reasons...like the lack of PC programming or graphics creds which a lot of companies want in a designer, and the fact that you couldn't pay me enough to move to California (well, you could, but you won't)...but the main reason is that my experience with MOO3 sucked the desire out of me like a starving vampire. It started out great, but the way it ended was, well, brutal. I couldn't even work up the steam to help out with any of the fan-based projects one finds, and there were a couple that would've liked my input.

You know what they say, if you love sausage and respect the law...same goes for game design. I'll never say never, because MOO3 came out of nowhere. But I'm not planning on it happening again.

Comment

Working...
            X