Help! Exploring (relocating ships)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Exploring (relocating ships)

I have a problem when playing MOO2 When I try to relocate my ships, I keep gettting told "You may not relocate to undiscovered stars". This means that my race gets stranded in one star system while the others are spreading like weeds across the galaxy.

My question is this, simply, HOW in the heck do you "discover" these other star systems. There is nothing in the pdf manual that came with the game about this at all.

I would appreciate any help on this.

just click on the ship with the mouse and then click on the star you want to move to?

relocate is in moo2? In moo1 what it does is when something finishes, it automatically moves it to the star in question, its not a movement deal there.

Comment

Yes relocate is in moo2. It's in the fleet menu. Although I've never used it in moo2 IIRC.
      Also to avoid any misunderstandings, you can not only click on the ship icons in the fleet menu, but you can just click on that little triangle next to a star on the main screen and just click on another star to tell the fleet to move there.

Comment

Sending the ships to any star requires they have the fuel range or you cannot send them.

Relocation can be done from the fleet screen. Works like Moo1. You must have a colony at each end.
        Last edited by vmxa1; January 12, 2004, 19:35.

Comment

I had always wondered why they got rid of relocation, boy is my face red
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

No big deal as it is not as useful in Moo2. You just do not have the large numbers of ships and since you can ugrade, you do not make as many.

In Moo1 you were scrapping a whole class and had to make new ships, so reloaction was very handy. Plus the ships were build faster. You could be making more than one per turn.

In Moo2 I rarely use reloaction, but it has been very useful a few times.

Comment

Working...
            X