What's your favourite Race/Picks ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favourite Race/Picks ?

OK, I know this is probably the oldest topic in MOOII, hehe, but I just wanted to re-ignite it under a new thread. The only catch is, you don't include "repulsive".

You can also supply your reasons for the picks or the general "feel"/tendency if you want to expand on it.

Not again ..... There is a thread called "Custom race - best stats" with LOTS of posts, find it in the older threads in this forum and read it if you want.
    Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

No fav, play all kinds to change up.

Comment

My reply bakalov is this:

OK, I know this is probably the oldest topic in MOOII, hehe, but I just wanted to re-ignite it under a new thread. The only catch is, you don't include "repulsive".
        Strangely enough I started the topic with making clear that I ahd the knowledge that there are older threads talking about exactly the same thing whereby 10s of players expressed their opinion.

Rather than going through that, I thought those who are currently active in this forum would not mind sharing it again and expressing some inner thoughts along with it. At the end of the day, nobody is twisting your arm... (and it's not as if this forum is buzzing with tens of new topics or betetr things to talk about every day is it?)

Comment

I don't have favorite races or picks except maybe selecting Darlok as the picture 99% of the time. They just annoy me too much.
          The last game I played was with democracy and +1 BC (and aquatic, poor HW, -50% growth, low-g). Might not be good production-wise, but you can pretty much buy anything.

Edit: I do hate uncreative though.
          Edit2: I hate Darloks because they seem to steal warp interdictors form me in pretty much every game. I hate that!
          Last edited by Iasius; January 8, 2004, 11:15.

Comment

lith tol -pop -bc -sd

Comment

I still have the older version installed where creative only costs 6 points, so I'm hesitant to leave that crutch aside.

On the disad side, if I'm not repulsive, I usually go for low grav as the heavy, - ground, - ship def.

Prefer LHW over RHW, like subby a lot, still toying with the other points.
              Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

As I said in another thread I like lowg, -food, -gc, sub, tele, cyber, LHW, +spy.

It's a fun race, you can steal easily, cyber is a blast in early combat and tele is always fun for taking planets.

I will also transfer some of my people to conquered planets to get the sub bonus, and it's cool from a role playing prespective to make them farm for me. Although they usually also have a bunch of other bonuses so are superior to my own people!
                Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Working...
                X