Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's time...

I thinks it's time...
    ..to say goodbye to this game and this forum. I waited years for this game, checking in almost daily, and bit my nails as I first loaded the game and checked the other 'first players' posts.

It was all down hill from there. I hung in there, though. I tried thinking of it in different ways. I tried modding it and un-modding it...and I waited. I waited for some of the most basic stuff to get fixed.

I want to be done waiting and trying. I want to play.
    There are so many good and GREAT games out there for the money and I'm now playing some of them.

If you're thinking about giving up for funner games that actually work, and that you don't need to "think about it this way", JUST DO IT! You will truly feel free once you uninstall this "game".

I may lurk to watch how a truly sad game/community dies a slow, gasping death.

its finals week starting next week by the way, bet forum posts pick up in about a week or so.

Comment

im not sure about this one, I agree that when the game `came out of the box` it was pretty bad, However the Mod community have done a fantastic job making the game playable. ( once again may I recommend the Invader Mod)
      I think this is the only game I`ve purchased that NEEDED to be modded before you played it, sad really!
      But I still like the aliens cos they are pretty original looking and if you add the diplo mods to it the AI does `seem` to get better

Comment

You can hear a pin drop in here.

It's dying a slow, undeserved death...

Comment

I keep telling myself I should try this again now that the patch is out. I waited so long, I forgot how to even play it and I am not able to work up the ambition to figure it out again.

I suspect that if someone put together a fairly comprehensive road map on what mods are worthwhile and what tactics are best, it could get some back in action.

Comment

The most action this game has seen was when I got burglarized last weekend and the thief moved the moo3 box from one drawer to another. Apparently it didn't rate high on his list.

Mine neither.

Comment

Originally posted by SirOsis
              The most action this game has seen was when I got burglarized last weekend and the thief moved the moo3 box from one drawer to another. Apparently it didn't rate high on his list.

Mine neither.

They knew not to steal Moo3!

Sorry bout the rest, though.

Comment

is quicksilver still supporting the game or are we facing another CTP2 demise?
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
                  is quicksilver still supporting the game or are we facing another CTP2 demise?
                  Plenty of support!
                  There will be a new manual soon!
                  QS cares about you!

Comment

Working...
                  X