Sciense stratiges needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sciense stratiges needed

Ok heres another question. Ive worked out that I need to develope science planets how do you do this.
    as in what tipe of planet is best for this, how many science deas should there be and where should I pout the science slider up to 20% 30%>
    Blessed Be

Tough question, and there is no one answer, except that with dev plans and spending plans the ai will take care of all that on its own.

I don't use dev plans though so I'd suggest picking any planet above size 3 and placing:
    1 Military
    1 Government
    1 Bioharvest
    1 mine
    2 industry
    the rest research.

Unless you have superior industry the above won't be able to build ships though.

As for planetary sliders, I'd say leave it between 1-1 spending and 3-1 spending, though the ai will change this based on your spending plan.

Comment

Early in the game i make the rich and ultra rich worlds into combined mining/research colonies. All mountain and may be some of the hill terrain goes into mines, the rest goes into research. A government DEA may be useful later to increase the AU income. I think that this is good for these reasons:

- Mining and Research DEAs do need only a few pop to run well, so I can actually have some research from the start.
      - Mining DEAs seem to generate enough AUs to fuel up the research DEAs. The generated minerals are transported to the more populated industrial worlds.
      - If these worlds start to generate much more cash than it is needed for research, I let their treasury fill up and they start donating the extra AUs to the empire treasury, so I can keep my system and empire taxes very low.

Of course this strategy changes with time. In the late game the Industry DEAs start to generate a lot of AUs too. Then I am tending to use balanced Research/Industry or pure Industry worlds.
      Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Working...
      X