MOO3 Skirmish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOO3 Skirmish?

Hello, I have been a somewhat limited (as in available time) player of MOO3 for a few months. While I like several aspects of the game, and the whole game as well, the scope is too large for the little free time I have. Since I happen to like the combat portion of MOO3, despite the poor graphics, I was wondering whether there is a mod (unlikely) or a similar game that implements something like: you have 10 GBucks, I have 10 GBucks, let's spend them to build fleets and slug it out in the space. A MOO3 skirmish, so to speak. Something like the instant battle mode in Combat Mission, or the skirmish mode in Medieal:TW. Anybody knows anything similar?
    Thanks,
    Andrea
    from Italy

Nope. But you can find some mods at www.moo3mods.com
    The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

ooh, oh, oh, or like in star control 3!
      man, that game was fun.
      "Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown." - Darph Bobo

Comment

Re: MOO3 Skirmish?

Originally posted by ander75it
        you have 10 GBucks, I have 10 GBucks, let's spend them to build fleets and slug it out in the space.
        Great idea. Reminds me of Trillion Credit Squadron in Traveller (circa 1980).
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I was 5 years old back then... I don't even think Travellers was ever aired here in Italy. Too bad!

Comment

Actually, he meant Traveller the role-playing game.
            If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Oh, OK :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Stormhound
                Actually, he meant Traveller the role-playing game.
                Correct. Thanks.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                X